X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid vs general cable

i run a K-60 all my cable is ridgid. i have 90 feet of 7/8 open wind cable wont 75 feet more. looking through a general book and saw some R section cable. the end look the same does. does the general R cable work with ridgid? know theres right hand and left hand wind cable. not shore what general is. heard from the forum that general ic cable was good. wont some heavy duty cable for the tough jobs. looking at the double wind or the ic cable. not shore what to go with

Re: ridgid vs general cable

i have cable from both of them,general cable is the best in the business there innercore 7/8 cable is great for roots and heavy clogs.....

Comment

I prefer ridgid open wind cable but general's innercore sectional cable.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Im with gear junkie!

Comment

Wish I could give you my honest opinion on the Ridgid and General IC cable tool chest. I ordered General's IC cable from Cable Center and never got it!
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            Wish I could give you my honest opinion on the Ridgid and General IC cable tool chest. I ordered General's IC cable from Cable Center and never got it!
            Had the exact same problem and talked to Tony and discovered that cable center is a go between you and the company. For the general IC cable, that gets shipped direct from General. He followed up with the order and got me my cable and called me everyday until I received the cables.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have General I/C for my k60. Its great.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Had the exact same problem and talked to Tony and discovered that cable center is a go between you and the company. For the general IC cable, that gets shipped direct from General. He followed up with the order and got me my cable and called me everyday until I received the cables.
                Tony does not return my calls Nothing but trouble with this company. From the start forgetting to e-mail tracking numbers so I could schedule around my jobs so I can be here to sign for them.
                I understand the wrong cables were sent mistakes happen.
                Customer service is lacking.
                It's been well over a week and my account funds were going to be put back into my account within 48 hours of cables being picked up. Then shipped back VIA Fedex Over 8 day's and no call backs called them back said they would look into it and call me back in an hour no call back I called them at 8am

I hope this is not normal for this company
                No were sorry your order was messed up! No Call backs saying OK we returned your funds or we re-ordered new cables nothing .

I hate to rant about this were going on 20 day's from the day ordering to nothing being done about this
                Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-07-2011, 03:53 PM.
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Rod...that sucks...other thing I can say is keep in their ***..call everyday and ask...man hope it works out
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

it good to hear that both ridgid and general cables are good. but can you use both ridgid and general R connection together? or are the end not the same.

also hello unclog ? for u. it seems like the trick and tool are different from area to area and where from about the same area what would you recommend to be a good second drain machine to have know you like the eel and drill set up for those tight place. the sled machine you use look cool Ive learn it always a good thing to ask the people who know more and do the job right

Comment

Originally posted by tool chest View Post
                      it good to hear that both ridgid and general cables are good. but can you use both ridgid and general R connection together? or are the end not the same.

also hello unclog ? for u. it seems like the trick and tool are different from area to area and where from about the same area what would you recommend to be a good second drain machine to have know you like the eel and drill set up for those tight place. the sled machine you use look cool Ive learn it always a good thing to ask the people who know more and do the job right
                      Carry all three so many different styles of homes and business you never know what you will run into on every job.
                      Rod

Comment

thanks . ill just have to keep gathering new tools. maybe some day ill have as many as rick

Comment

I used RIDGID cables one time they kinked so bad I couldn't use them any more. Got the general I/C cables and used my RIDGID cutters on them no problem Cutter fits great. RIDGID has better cutters for the sec. machines. on my RIDGID drum machine I use the slot joint and adaptors so I can run anybody's head. Every company has one type of head that they make better then anyone. I use RIDGID, EEL, General, and some home made heads, both sec. and drum. I very seldom stay standard I use the best for me. Most of my machines are RIDGID converted to General slot cables with RIDGID, GENERAL, AND EEL heads. I like my stuff modified to fit me I don't stick with one brand I use the best brand.

Comment

I never had any trouble with the cable center. Tony JR. is working there now, Maybe he just doesn't have the hang of it yet Ask for Tony SR.

Comment

Working...
                            X