making a waver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a waver

know before u even pull the drain equipment out need to have customer sign the waver. kind of know what needs to be on it. read the other thread. know if it my screw up. im eating it. but whats the basic out line of the waver what should be on it

Re: making a waver

Waiver.. why do you need a waiver Like what ..If I don't clear the stoppage you still have to pay me kind of stuff
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you mean something like I get hung up in the drain its not your fault? Well it is your fault...just kidding...i don't do drain cleaning waivers, in this small town it wouldn't take long and I fear that word of mouth would bite me in the butt...So on the same token because I treat people fair and honest...that get around...I mean if you make a mistake admit it...if there is a structural problem you just got to tell the customer how it is...and be confident in telling them...IMHO
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

know if i get hung up or do something stupid its my fault. but what if you go through a weak 90 some where in the line. some people out there are not the nicest. they probably try and sue. even know i had worn them that something could go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tool chest View Post
          know if i get hung up or do something stupid its my fault. but what if you go through a weak 90 some where in the line. some people out there are not the nicest. they probably try and sue. even know i had worn them that something could go bad.
          afraid that risk comes with the territory...if you get vibes from new customers then tread lightly and give more attention to detail...the saying goes you can't please 100 percent of the people 100 percent of the time....
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

''waiver", not "waver," as has been alluded to in prior posts.

Do quality work for quality customers and the issue will never come up.

I don't ask anyone to sign anything. If they are that kind of customer, then one free job is a cheap way to identify them and toss them to the wolves the next time.
            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 03-13-2011, 02:39 AM.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Go with your gut feeling while being a small shop, some customers are on there seventh drain guy when you show up, they where told 7 years ago the line was bad, they fire or won't get called back from past drain guys, they want you to get stuck and blame the sewer on you for your stuck cable these guys are what waivers are for, when your gut feeling is this guy above run! Motor scooter didn't make up their policies overnight they got them from years of guys like above. When you are small no waiver really needed, when you have guys working for you and you are not there then you need a waiver.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If you search Hold Harmless you should find what you are looking for.

Comment

No matter how many waivers , exclusions , etc. you put in writing , They can still take you to court and try to sue you..Just makes it harder for them to win..More than likely before they even call you they know there is a problem that is existing or that others before you couldn't fix or did temporarily ..Of course theres never be a problem before and they've been there since 47'..I have never tried to get a customer to sign anything before a service call, only contract jobs.You just hope and pray they sign the check when you are done. And if you did what they called you for that shouldn't be an issue...

However on my invoices there is a space for them to sign. Above that is a statement that "I have satisfactorily completed the work as stated above"..Simple but effective..If they don't sign it I put N/A where they are suppose to sign and tuck tail. Have never had a problem with a customer not signing a completyed work order ...yet
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have a hold harmless form but rarely use it.
                    Unless I see something warn the customer about it and they want it anyway.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X