Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools that really make you money.

Number
    1. Seesnake cameras make the most money for me either by themselfs or the work I get from them. Cost is up there but the return in unlimited.

2. Jetters. They have a high price but once you have all the goodies tips, etc. The money rolls in. I just did 3 Jetter jobs today 2 planned 1 was a neighbor that saw me working and wanted some jetting done also. I billed out $1900 for 3 easy jobs. Sure you have to cut down hoses but some oil changes and they just keep making money.

3. Propress The propress has really paid me back in time which works out to money in the end. Quick repairs in basements of condos that would have taken forever are just a quick crimp crimp!

I have left out snakes because they are just plain needed.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Tools that really make you money.

What jetter size do you find the highest payoff?

Comment

my k-39 is the least expensive machine i own. but it's also paid off with the highest percentage of return.

my k-60 has been the machine that's retired every drum machine in my arsenal. it's the one that's put a good 15k of drum machine on unemployment 2- 7500, 3 -750, spartan 300 and 1065, a couple of generals.

my us jetter is my most expensive machine, but it also generates the highest hourly rate.

my cameras have the most use on them over a 15 year period, and the return is off the charts.

my worst investment has to be my trenchless pipe bursting machine. between the machine and all required accessories along with the trailer, i've probably have broken even, but it didn't come easy.

so overall, my drain cleaning equipment has the highest upfront investment, but also the highest return on investment.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I am surprised...of all the places I figured California would be a big business in pipe bursting tech....thanks for the info....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

General closet auger. A real money maker.
          Jackhammer. $100.00 when it comes off the truck...its probably paid for the truck.

Comment

So far my jetter. It's a converted pressure washer that, by rights paid for it's self washing portable toilets in it's former life. Now I'm billing $175 an hour for it. If it dies, I have another waiting to replace it. I may decide to give up the cabling and just jet. All of my work is outside anyhow.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

the 2gpm/1500 psi electric jetter does more jobs, in a (happily) boring and predictable manner, day in and day out w/o complaint, ho hum, lets go clean some lines, than anything else on the truck.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

K 50. I bought it at an auction and it almost pays for itself with every job with easy work! why do you guys say the cameras were a great investment? would you not replace sewers without them? I think my camera was a crummy investment, except more plumbers use me to clear drains because I have a camera just encase it's needed. If it was just for my own use I would contract out my camera work.

Comment

k-60 hands down ..Don't really advertise for it but my buddies give me the calls .Either they don't want to do it or don't have equipment
                  2nd would probably be the 1500.The deal I got on that is still unbelievable..Will probably pay for itself the first time I use it..The k-60 just won't let it happen though
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Carbon Monoxide detector. $800 investment, payback period less than 4 hours.

Comment

Made about 25 - 30 grand with my 16 year old general drop head auger.
                      Bought it new for around $60 bucks 16 years ago. Still works great.
                      My drill and eel has made me the most so far. My camera is making me money too
                      Only had my camera for 15 months it's paid for itself 3 times over.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Best bang for the buck for me has to be:

#1 - General drop head toilet auger - Paid for after first use

#2 - K-39AF - My favorite small drain machine keeps poppin' them open

#3 - Canvas blow bag - A life saver when needed also paid for after first use

Comment

But then again, although it was a larger investment I've made the most money from my Spartan 300

Comment

O.K fellas help me out, how is the camera such a great investment or better still how is it making you so much money? I would say your excavator or backhoe is the real money maker. Or am I missing something. sewers got replaced before cameras. and if I can't get a full size cutting head through a pipe I would say it needs to get replaced, very rare. or if I can't get through a pipe at all. very rare. my competion in drain cleaning and great drain cleaner agrees with me.

Does the customer see the roots in the pipe and wants a new sewer, or do you guys sell camera inspections that hard so you get the money for the inspection.

or do you guys have that many sewers you can't get a big cutting head through?

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                              O.K fellas help me out, how is the camera such a great investment or better still how is it making you so much money? I would say your excavator or backhoe is the real money maker. Or am I missing something. sewers got replaced before cameras. and if I can't get a full size cutting head through a pipe I would say it needs to get replaced, very rare. or if I can't get through a pipe at all. very rare. my competion in drain cleaning and great drain cleaner agrees with me.

Does the customer see the roots in the pipe and wants a new sewer, or do you guys sell camera inspections that hard so you get the money for the inspection.

or do you guys have that many sewers you can't get a big cutting head through?
                              For me the camera is a tool that proves one way or the other what needs or not needs to happen...have proven to customers they do not need to spend money on digging up sewer, therefore winning a customer...also have proven why so many problems and gotten sewer digs because somebody else was guessing...i think in today's world people just want proof one way or the other and the camera does just that...people love technology and that they can see the situation...like I tell me customers the camera don't lie....so for me its gets me and keeps me in customers and earns their trust and respect of my opinion and skill...IMHO
                              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X