Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cone Retriever.....

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    Call AJ Coleman, they have them in stock. I have three of them and they work great.

I just got off the phone with AJ Coleman. They said they only have the one retriever for my 300 machine and it's the same one I have

Just called Spartan. They told me the retriever I have should grab the .55 cable. I told them no it doesn't. They said "sorry we don't offer anything else "

The search continues..............
    Last edited by AssTyme; 03-17-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Talk to Marv and ask him about the Marco retriever, if I recall it screws on to the threaded end of the cable. Also if you have a K-60 see if he has the 7/8 Rothenberger retriever. Its like a straight auger with the hook looped out real big.

The standard spartan retriever does work well, but takes a few passes to hook the cable, but if all you are trying to do is retrieve the broken end, that is a bit harder to do.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Talk to Marv and ask him about the Marco retriever, if I recall it screws on to the threaded end of the cable. Also if you have a K-60 see if he has the 7/8 Rothenberger retriever. Its like a straight auger with the hook looped out real big.

The standard spartan retriever does work well, but takes a few passes to hook the cable, but if all you are trying to do is retrieve the broken end, that is a bit harder to do.

I just wanted to try and get my cable back out of the sewer. I thought the only way to do this was to catch the broken end of the cable down and in the center of the cone retriever until it would screw itself on ???

Comment

Thats the ideal way to get it back, but in most cases just hooking it is the way to go. I retrieve more broken cables than a little bit. Home owners love to rent them there machines and snap the cable all the time.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I just received the retriever pictured below from MyTana and it does screw down on my .55 cable (way to go Spartan ) in the center. I was messing around with it and some .55 cable trying to get it to grab it with the outer hook but it doesn't seem possible ??? In a real situation I don't think I could get it to screw down/grab it in the center because it would be flopping all around in the pipe with the extended outer hook ???

Thoughts...............

Comment

the times i've used a retriever, i also use a camera to spot the cable and see the end.

if you latch onto the cable other than at the end, you stand a chance to get stuck in a wye or comby.

plus i like to clear the stoppage first, then bring back a freed up cable and not a stuck cable.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X