Camera Trick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Trick?

Customer called us out after another plumber found a flange knockout stuck in the pipe under the master closet. Used seesnake and found knockout fully intact and flipping back and forth like a butterfly valve, when drains where used. Customer had been having problems off and on for 17 years! Previous plumber wanted to jackhammer. We found a 3" cleanout on the back of the house and ran 1500 down with cutter head, but the head came out through a wye past the knockout. We took the camera and attached a piece of welding rod to it. We bent a hook on the end and grabbed the piece and slightly pulled it through, to where the cutter head was located. Then with one man working the camera and the other working the 1500, we pushed the knockout through wyes and past the dual clenaouts on the outside. Then took the 1500 to the front of the house and pushed the knockout down to the 6" main. It was the most stubborn knockout I have ever seen. I couldn't break it up, but in the end we won, and the homeowner handed us the check with a smile. Thankful that we didn't have to jackhammer her freshly remodeled house.
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Re: Camera Trick?

That's a cool first post! Welcome and congrats on making the customer happy!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Way to go and I'm sure they appreciate you not giving up!!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome and Nice job
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Welcome to the Fun

Before I forget...

Comment

Welcome to the club. Not too often that a post gets seven thanks, much less a first one .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
                Customer called us out after another plumber found a flange knockout stuck in the pipe under the master closet. Used seesnake and found knockout fully intact and flipping back and forth like a butterfly valve, when drains where used. Customer had been having problems off and on for 17 years! Previous plumber wanted to jackhammer. We found a 3" cleanout on the back of the house and ran 1500 down with cutter head, but the head came out through a wye past the knockout. We took the camera and attached a piece of welding rod to it. We bent a hook on the end and grabbed the piece and slightly pulled it through, to where the cutter head was located. Then with one man working the camera and the other working the 1500, we pushed the knockout through wyes and past the dual clenaouts on the outside. Then took the 1500 to the front of the house and pushed the knockout down to the 6" main. It was the most stubborn knockout I have ever seen. I couldn't break it up, but in the end we won, and the homeowner handed us the check with a smile. Thankful that we didn't have to jackhammer her freshly remodeled house.
                nice work but i would think knockout was from remoldel.........?

Comment

According to customer, no flanges were changed. I wish I would have taken pics or video of it. It looked like it had been in there a while, but you never know. Thanks for the compliments and welcome. More to come.
                  "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Keep em' comin'...
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X