I'm now a board member....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now a board member....

.....of the O2WA. http://www.o2wa.org We had the conference last weekend and I got voted in. Of course no one ran against me so that was no surprise. We had a great conference. More people than expected showed up. A couple of weeks ago we had about 50 people signed up. Last year we had 180 come. Everyone signed up at the last minute. We wound up with over 200, so we made more than budgeted on attendance. I sold 27 out of the 30 available vendor booths, which is more than we've ever sold, so we are ahead of that game too.

I don't know the totals raised for the scholarship fund yet but we had some cool stuff up for auction. Three guns, three deep sea fishing trips for two, two of which included accomodations for one night. A guided duck hunting trip was also in the offering as well as a real nice fishing pole and reel. Add in a bunch of industry specific items and it was a great auction. Oh I forgot the best one, a party pack including several very nice bottles of booze. Any item donated with a value less than $100 got raffled off. There were lots of things given away there too including bottles of wine, hats and shirts donated by some of the vendors and some turned wood pieces that dad made.

I'm looking forward to being on the board and trying to make a difference in the onsite community in Oregon. We have several members, including the new president, that are looking to change things up. It is time for that and I can't wait to see what we can get done!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: I'm now a board member....

I think I am in for next year it all depends on when they have it. Send me booth info as soon as you have it available so I can get signed up. As long as it's not between February 20th - March 21st or the same week as the PHCC show I will likely buy a booth space. Do you know where they are having it this year. PLEASE TELL ME..Bend, Sunriver or Blackbutte

Oh and congratulations the O2WA has great members and very well respected professionals on it's board.

Comment

Good for you. We just had a semi-annual meeting of the Idaho Technical Guidance Committee which writes the regulations for onsite in Idaho. At that meeting the brand-new Idaho Onsite Wastewater Association was unveiled. We are excited about that and I told them to plan on me as the first new member.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
        Good for you. We just had a semi-annual meeting of the Idaho Technical Guidance Committee which writes the regulations for onsite in Idaho. At that meeting the brand-new Idaho Onsite Wastewater Association was unveiled. We are excited about that and I told them to plan on me as the first new member.
        That is great! Get involved and go to the board meetings! You might wind up on the board like I did. It's a good thing for you and the industry to have an association!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          I think I am in for next year it all depends on when they have it. Send me booth info as soon as you have it available so I can get signed up. As long as it's not between February 20th - March 21st or the same week as the PHCC show I will likely buy a booth space. Do you know where they are having it this year. PLEASE TELL ME..Bend, Sunriver or Blackbutte

Oh and congratulations the O2WA has great members and very well respected professionals on it's board.
          Dan the 2012 conference will likely be in Seaside, middle of February. We are trying to avoid WOSSA and the Pumpershow. We'd love to have you back!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            Dan the 2012 conference will likely be in Seaside, middle of February. We are trying to avoid WOSSA and the Pumpershow. We'd love to have you back!
            Good deal! Seaside is a good location as well. If you avoid the Pumper show I am in. When you get a chance Trent send me the vendors packet.

Comment

Will do Dan!

Comment

If New York had anything similar, I would join in a Heartbeat, unfortunately I havent been able to find anything

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  If New York had anything similar, I would join in a Heartbeat, unfortunately I havent been able to find anything
                  Come hang with us in Oregon. I will save a chair in my booth for you. Trent can sit on the floor...

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                    Come hang with us in Oregon. I will save a chair in my booth for you. Trent can sit on the floor...
                    We'd be happy to have you come and hang out with us!

Dan if I sat on the floor, I'd never get up! By the way you missed out on some cool guns and a nice fishing rod/reel at the auction!

Comment

Working...
                    X