Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-45 af

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-K-45AF-Ha...item230f1840aa

Are these any good ..Never used a pistol snake before.Figued it would be easier than trying to use the drum attachments on the k60 (that hasn't worked to well for me) ..Do they use the same cables as the drum attachments 5/16 , 3/8 , etc.. Looking for something small for tub , lavy drains etc. Or should I just look for a decent k-50 ..Sorry if I'm I am sure there has been more than a few threads on these things
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: K-45 af

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-K-45AF-Ha...item230f1840aa

Are these any good ..Never used a pistol snake before.Figued it would be easier than trying to use the drum attachments on the k60 (that hasn't worked to well for me) ..Do they use the same cables as the drum attachments 5/16 , 3/8 , etc.. Looking for something small for tub , lavy drains etc. Or should I just look for a decent k-50 ..Sorry if I'm I am sure there has been more than a few threads on these things
    One vote--K-40...works great on small drains...love it!!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Thanks I'll have to check it out..Before I bought the 60 I had a 50 that I would use the drums with ..Parted out the 50's and looking for a small drain machine now..Will take a close look at the 40

Comment

The 40 looks really nice..Would you recommend the auto feed model? Also it looks like it accepts most smaller cables ..Not sure .. Do you have to do anything special to change the cables from 3/8" to 5/16" or is it like the drum attachments where you can just pull a cable out and push a new one in ..sorry for all the questions.. ..I like the front guide hose concept as well..Nothing I hate worse than slingin' black shi* all over the place..Thanks again
        Last edited by OLD1; 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          The 40 looks really nice..Would you recommend the auto feed model? Also it looks like it accepts most smaller cables ..Not sure .. Do you have to do anything special to change the cables from 3/8" to 5/16" or is it like the drum attachments where you can just pull a cable out and push a new one in ..sorry for all the questions.. ..I like the front guide hose concept as well..Nothing I hate worse than slingin' black shi* all over the place..Thanks again
          I use the 5/16" cable..haven't tried any other sizes, so I can't tell you yet...autofeed is nice but takes a little getting used to...so once you figure that deal out, its nice to have...hose is needed in my opinion...Seweratz can tell you more about cable change out...I got it over the K-50 because of the deal I got...so I can't compare the two...I like slinging crap....NOT!!! Maybe talkin crap...I forget which...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            I use the 5/16" cable..haven't tried any other sizes, so I can't tell you yet...autofeed is nice but takes a little getting used to...so once you figure that deal out, its nice to have...hose is needed in my opinion...Seweratz can tell you more about cable change out...I got it over the K-50 because of the deal I got...so I can't compare the two...I like slinging crap....NOT!!! Maybe talkin crap...I forget which...

Looks like a nice little machine..I mostly use the 3/8" cable with the male end so I can put on different heads if needed.. Looks like the 40 will accept pretty much all the cables my drum attachments will...With the 50 I already have all the 5/8" and drum attachment BUT like the features of the 40 and looks more compact...Front guide hose and auto feed might be a deal maker right there

Comment

You can get a new K-39AF on eBay for around $200.00. I love all 3 of mine

Comment

I like the the K 39af, never had a problem and can swap cables very easily.

Comment

Get the auto feed saves making a mess. A little hose end machine is nice if you are working where you can set it down like under a sink but If your working over head it's not so good, And it takes a little more to set up not as much grab and run as the hand gun machines.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    You can get a new K-39AF on eBay for around $200.00. I love all 3 of mine

Okay "RICK"...why you got 3 of em??

Derek

Comment

last count 5

can never have enough. even have my old school k-38 and 39.

slide chuck is totally useless.

the jacobs chuck is great for every last inch

the 1 direction older power feed is fine.

but the dual feeder of today is the bomb

most important thing to remember is to remove the cables and let them dry outside the drum. cables will last forever.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Man you guys don't throw anything away do you?

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                          I like the the K 39af, never had a problem and can swap cables very easily.

Too lazy to swap cables that's why I have 3 of them

I needed one with the old school auto feed to run my 1/4" cable (ThanX Rick )

Last edited by AssTyme; 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I have the k39 which is a similar design and really like it in comparision to the k40(which I sold because I bought the k39). The only disadvantage I can see with the pistol grip machines is when doing washing machines. You have to stay in an akward position holding a 10 lb machine. The k40 was much better in this regard. The worst thing about the k39 was the starting torque which the k45 has eliminated. I feel the best cable is the "speed bump" cable 5/16 x 35'. something about it makes it sturdier than other cable the same size.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              I have the k39 which is a similar design and really like it in comparision to the k40(which I sold because I bought the k39). The only disadvantage I can see with the pistol grip machines is when doing washing machines. You have to stay in an akward position holding a 10 lb machine. The k40 was much better in this regard. The worst thing about the k39 was the starting torque which the k45 has eliminated. I feel the best cable is the "speed bump" cable 5/16 x 35'. something about it makes it sturdier than other cable the same size.

"speed bump" cable

Comment

Working...
                              X