Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Had My First Cable Break The Other Day....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Had My First Cable Break The Other Day....

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    Sorry as I am not familiar spartan stuff...was the cable hollow core or inner core or ??? and what does the cutter look like complete?

It's double wound .55 magnum cable. My 3" pear cutter was just spinning doing nothing so I put on a 2" half cuter and that's when she broke.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      It's double wound .55 magnum cable. My 3" pear cutter was just spinning doing nothing so I put on a 2" half cuter and that's when she broke.
      I'm not sure...typically non hollow cables are pretty durable against chemicals...it does suck but it is part of the business...i have personally put my 3/4" I.C. General Wire under a huge amount of stress...like so much I could stall my K-7500 down without problems....then had times hit small bumps only to come back with the end gone...somethings can't be explain....as long as you weren't out to much is all that matters....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The part that looks like it broke at the weld is one of the winds of the cable. The other wind broke further away from the weld. The magnum cable is pretty much acid resistant. If you stick it in enough lines with Drano, clobber, root buster and so on it will ruin the cable no matter how much water you run through the line after you get it open.

When we suspect a cable is bad due to acid we take a pair of 18" pipe wrenches and put one two inches from the end and the other 6' further down and with just enough force try to unwind the cable. If it unwinds its still good, but if it snaps then it means it has been ruined.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
        X