Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had to go home for a shower today...

We used to pump a pit of egg shells and rotten eggs for Wilamette Egg Farms. Talk about a stink you couldn't get off. Wow that was bad.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

In Florida days...was cabling a tank line and was sitting on the septic tank lid and it broke in half and in I went...turns out the lid was made with sea shells and a soft mortar mix...worse smell and feeling ever...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        In Florida days...was cabling a tank line and was sitting on the septic tank lid and it broke in half and in I went...turns out the lid was made with sea shells and a soft mortar mix...worse smell and feeling ever...
        Ooh that's a nasty one for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
          We stucked up a manure spill yesterday. My hands will stink for days even witrh gloves. Satuday I cleaned the tank. Its been a dirty couple of days.
          We work for another pumper who has the maintenance contract on several big methane digesters on dairies here. Last summer they had a manure spill that took two long days with two pump trucks to even contain, and another week of work to get it cleaned up. Needless to say, stuff was RANK!

Going about 150 miles from home with him in the next day or so to clean a digester tank for a day. I supposed it'll be another stinky day.

It's hard for me to convince a dairyman that their crap stinks worse than ours, but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            Ooh that's a nasty one for sure!
            Its the one and only time I barfed...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

My worst one to date happend when I had just bought the septic business and had just started the portable toilet division. I'd been out pumping tanks all day and was in the process of transfering my load from my little truck to the big one as dad was going to take it to the treatment plant for me the next day. It was getting late in the day and I still had toilets to service so I left the trucks connected, jumped in the toilet truck and went and finished up that work.

When I got back, I realized I still had to unhook the hose from between the trucks. Without thinking I just popped the hose loose from the big truck. I quickly realized that I hadn't shut the valve. There's a reason we use quick shut off valves in our industry, however when dad put the truck together he had no idea about such things. He had used a screw thread type valve (I don't know what they are actually called) like an outside faucet. So I've got 3,000 gallons of head pressure trying to knock me over while I shut this dam valve. I was covered from head to toe. Luckily for me, home base was at my home at the time, so I didn't have to drive anywhere like that. I hosed myself off the best I could and just started peeling clothes off right in the driveway. There was a trail of poopy clothes all the way to the back door of the house.

I didn't puke though!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                We work for another pumper who has the maintenance contract on several big methane digesters on dairies here. Last summer they had a manure spill that took two long days with two pump trucks to even contain, and another week of work to get it cleaned up. Needless to say, stuff was RANK!

Going about 150 miles from home with him in the next day or so to clean a digester tank for a day. I supposed it'll be another stinky day.

It's hard for me to convince a dairyman that their crap stinks worse than ours, but it's true.
                We have been keeping the four gas handy. Im not just jumping in everything any more. Digester work has been good around here. We have found the anmonia smell to make your eyes water. Swim googles

Comment

Working...
                X