Water Cannon Cart Jetter Question???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cannon Cart Jetter Question???

hey guys...who uses the Water Cannon jetter on here? i need to know if it will work well with my 3/8 warthog to cut roots in 4" lines. did yall see the ad in the cleaner?..$1999..its 5.5gpm@3500 psi. do yu guys load it on and off the truck at every job or do you leave it on the truck and run a jumper hose from the machine to the hose reel??? i have a general hose reel that has 200 feet of 3/8 hose i had with my Typhoon Jetter that they stole last year. i never used it so this machine will give me the opportunity to make some money with it. Is there a loading wheel for it like on the Spartan 300?..seems like that would work good with it. Rick i know you have said great things about the machine and also Greg of DrainMedic uses it(how is he?)...i figure that this machine will hold me untill i get another trailor...most of the sewers i will be doing with it are no larger than 4inch. I have the warthog for it but plan to buy some monster moles for it and also a 1/8 inch hose(50ft) for k/sinks/washers(2in lines)..let me know your reviews on it because i plan to buy one soon if it worth it...

p.s...im bout two weeks from purchasing my FIRST K-60!!!

Re: Water Cannon Cart Jetter Question???

have my eye on that unit myself
    I have the water cannon small electric it works good .
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

you're 3/8 warthog was jetted for the 12 gpm the typhoon put out.

the 5.5 gpm at 3500 is a tad too small for the size and weight of the nozzle. the 1/4'' nozzle is smaller, but it's a high speed spinner.

honestly the root ranger with an upsized rotor will eat roots alive. only thing is you need to rotate the hose to clean the top of the pipe.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

so what specs do they need to make it for the 3/8 warthog to work(dont wanna throw it away..)...i read one post where you said it would have to be 4000psi at 6gpm i think...can watercannon do that? is that what yu have?....and what about loading it on and off the truck?..do you do that?

Comment

Good to see ya lonestar! Get the 22 front nozzle and the 35 for the sides and that 3/8 warty will work , not as good as your used to but it will work, pick up a root ranger keep your hose length down and you will be back to a trailer jetter in no time.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

thanks for the info....so do you use water cannon?...how good is it on restaurant grease and apartments with 4inch lines?..thats mostly what i will be using it for...i was thinking of just getting a couple of monster moles and be through with it but now imma look into the root ranger also since yu guys say that it works well with this particular machine. do you load yours on and off the truck or use a jumper hose from the truck to the hose reel?

Comment

Cuda, do you mean that i can change those spec's for the nozzel i have now?..how?...or do i have to buy a new nozzel with those spec's?

Comment

Rick,...whats an upsized Rotor?..what does it do?..why upsized?..is it bigger and easier to get stuck in pipe?..im thinking bout buying the water cannon and root-ranger this week..im getting the monster moles too for 'regular' stoppages and grease but how is the root-ranger on grease?

Comment

i believe the standard root ranger was jetted at 3000# 4 gpm.

the larger rotor is basically the jet. you need one jetted for the 5.5. at 3500 psi.

those would come out of australia from "the jetters edge" bill is a regular contributor on the forum.

the root ranger is the most powerful jetter nozzle out there. all the water is delivered by 1 rotary jet. not a great nozzle for opening up a totally plugged root stoppage as the forward jet is too small for the body, but as a cleaning, cutting nozzle, the root ranger can't be beat.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                    Cuda, do you mean that i can change those spec's for the nozzel i have now?..how?...or do i have to buy a new nozzel with those spec's?
                    The orifices (the jets) in the nozzle can be replaced. It's easy; just order the size you want. The #'s cuda refers to are the orifice sizes.

You have to put smaller orifices in to run with less flow or it won't make enough pressure.

I run 5.5 gpm with a 3/8 warthog every day, works great. 35's in the sides and a 17 in the front. 22 front would probably be fine too.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X