X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody fix there own jetter hoses

I need to fix my 1/2" pirahna green 4000psi hose. I looked and each brand of hose needs it's own special couplers and special swaging tool. The crimp dies and pusher is $200 but the hand machine is $700 wow. I would like to buy the dies and use a hydraulic unit like a greenlee to crimp them am I out of my mind and have to buy the pirhana stuff?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Anybody fix there own jetter hoses

I have taken my jetter to a shop that works on hydraulic hoses and have them fix my hose for me when I wear out a part of it. The place by me services the hydraulics on the garbage trucks.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      I have taken my jetter to a shop that works on hydraulic hoses and have them fix my hose for me when I wear out a part of it. The place by me services the hydraulics on the garbage trucks.
      I do the same.
      Local car parts store in town makes hydraulic hoses to order.
      Replaced many on the truck, hydraulic system and jetter system is one in the same.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

after breaking a hose on the job and stopping me in my tracks lost 3 hours as i had to unwind 500' of hose and take the hose in. then try to wind the 500' back in without tangles

i invested in a parker hydraulic crimper.

1/4''- 1/2'' dies. haven't used it yet

the thermoplastic hose are different dies than the wire hydraulic hoses.

a hand swedging machine typically only puts on ends. not couplers.

i also carry extra hose just in case now and leave the crimper at the shop.

have 500' of 1/2'' and 400' of 3/8'' and 200' of 1/4''on reels. then a bunch of jumper hoses 1/8''- 1/2''.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I looked at parker they don't have the pirhana dies just parker. Has anybody bought the pirhana crimper? The hydraulic version just does 3/4 on up I need 1/2" so looks like the manual is the only one I can buy. I wanted a hydraulic generic crimper so that I could fix all my hydraulic hoses also.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Been there! Probably the best solution I found is to buy the hose ends from piranha (I have 10 on hand), then take them to a hydraulic repair company. Here in Dallas, I found two that would do it. The shop I went with wouldn't warranty it, but its been on there for at least 2 years now. It seems that the Piranha end is a special little booger. Great hose though.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

I have some 3/8 Pirahna the black stuff. I have put new fittings on there twice in three years. I used CNH Case New holland skid steer stuff. Works fine. I replace hose ends once a year. It cost 10 dollars at the Case dealer.

Comment

Working...
              X