Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmitter

http://www.toolup.com/ridgid_16728_r...ule-512hz.aspx

How deep will this transmitter send out a signal..I need to trace out some lines so I am just going to get a scout and one of these for now..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: transmitter

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    http://www.toolup.com/ridgid_16728_r...ule-512hz.aspx

How deep will this transmitter send out a signal..I need to trace out some lines so I am just going to get a scout and one of these for now..

I've got a sonde not ridgid but similar...10 foot under concrete was on the money with a scout locator...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      I've got a sonde not ridgid but similar...10 foot under concrete was on the money with a scout locator...
      Where did you get your sonde???

Comment

Specifications:
        Size: ∅ 0.9375” x 2.92”
        Weight (with AAA alkaline battery): 3.5oz (100g)
        Mounting Threads: ¼” – 20 (see website for optional accessories)
        Operating Frequency: 512Hz
        Frequency Tolerance: ± 30-50ppm (.00005 Hz)
        Current Draw Tolerance: ± .015A
        Recommended Battery: Duracell MX 2400 AAA cells (M3 Ultra) have the highest average Amp-Hours output.
        Operating Range of battery is -4°F to 130°F.
        Battery Life with Duracell M3 Ultra: 3.5 hours at 70°F
        Typical maximum detection range with NaviTrack receiver (varies with ambient noise and interference): In air: 25 ft In cast iron: 15ft
        Typical interference sources: Ductile iron, cast iron, wet salt laden ground.
        "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

15' in cast iron is really stretching it. plastic and clay are more like it.

of course the condition of the pipe will dictate the density of the pipe and signal strength.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            15' in cast iron is really stretching it. plastic and clay are more like it.

of course the condition of the pipe will dictate the density of the pipe and signal strength.

rick.
            Just posting the Specs, Sir, Nothing but the specs.
            P.S. sometimes specs are B.S.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
              Just posting the Specs, Sir, Nothing but the specs.
              P.S. sometimes specs are B.S.
              Right, so do you think I would be able to locate say 10' deep..Were talking mostly cast iron lines with SCOUT locator..And what keeps the sonde from spinning off the adapter..Would you use LOCTITE or similar to not loose the head in the sewer?? Would you push as much as you can and spin the cable only when needed???
              Last edited by OLD1; 03-21-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

how tuff is that ridgid transmitter?can it take a beating in the sewer? how would you connect it to a 3/4 inch spartan cable? or a flat hand tape.can you tape it onto a cable?....rat

Comment

No clue...I don't own a camera but I need to locate some lines ..Figured I would invest in a scout and transmitter ..Then later on I would buy a camera reel and get real

Comment

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                    how tuff is that ridgid transmitter?can it take a beating in the sewer? how would you connect it to a 3/4 inch spartan cable? or a flat hand tape.can you tape it onto a cable?....rat
                    the standard cap that's included is a 1/4'' x 20tpi thread.

then they sell the caps that allow it to connect to section and drum ridgid cables.

the ridgid and spartan end are very close and a little file will make them fit together.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

So would you guess 10' deep is max for a scout to pick up the transmitter? Cast iron pipe.. Can you spin it with the machine to get it further down the line or do you have to push it as to not tear up the transmitter..I am thinking the more you spin the cable the better chances of breaking the transmitter..Again I haven't a clue..
                      Last edited by OLD1; 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Where did you get your sonde???
                        I got my sonde on ebay a few years ago...I wrap duct tape over my sonde about 2 to 3 layers thick...
                        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

So would you guess 10' deep is max for a scout to pick up the transmitter? Cast iron pipe.. Can you spin it with the machine to get it further down the line or do you have to push it as to not tear up the transmitter..I am thinking the more you spin the cable the better chances of breaking the transmitter..Again I haven't a clue..
                          the 1/4'' x 20 thread is more for a fishtape push rod.

the adapters for the cable are for spinning it down.

10' will be a decent read and accuracy. gets a littly dicy when you go too deep.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X