X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voice over camera inspection

I got one of the ridgid micro reels and it supposedly has a feature to talk in a mic while the camera is in the pipe so that you can explain what u are seeing.

does anyone use this feature and does it benefit in anyway?

I mean, I use the photo and just add captions, this way I know that the client will see it. If I do a sound over what happens if the customer does not have speakers on their computer.

Re: voice over camera inspection

I don't think there are too many computers running around speaker less this day and age.

Comment

are you using the microexplorer with the micro reel? if so you will need the sound cartridge to add voice.

the caption feature for the microexplorer is there, but takes time to add text.

hq software is the easiest way to add photos and text. then email the results in a professional report.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

All I do is voiceover. I find it easier and faster than adding captions. In my experience voice is a function of whatever device you are using as a monitor, not a function of the reel. It sounds like you use the mico explorer, which I don't, so if that's the case I can't offer any advice.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I use the microReel with the microExplorer and the adapter so I can record my voice as I do the inspection.

I personally don't think having voice on the video adds much. It saves a few minutes typing out some notes, but that is about it.

Comment

Voice over always.

I normally do a quick run through the pipe so I have a heads up on whats going on. Then I start over while recording/voice over.

I have a bad habit of forgetting to press the mic button and have to start over
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I do have the microexplorer and adapter for the mic (still figuring out how to use it)

In the few drains that I have under my belt so far, I have just taken pictures and edited it in photoshop before sending to the customer, Im a computer geek and so the extra 10 minutes it takes to:
              1. upload to computer
              2. edit in photoshop
              3. export and email is no big deal.

I can imagine that if doing 3-5 of these a day may be too tasking but the response I get from my customers when they see the captioned images is incredible.

The extra effort I put into presenting the pictures in a simple, easy to see and an educational manner really impresses the customer.

Infact I have attached pics of a job I did while the customer was watching over my shoulder, He saw the before and after images live on the microexplorer screen after I broke the clog and then again after I jetted it. Yet when I edited the pics with caption and emailed it to him he replied "WOW, I DID NOT REALIZE HOW WELL YOUR JETTER CLEANED THE PIPE"!

He was also able to show the other people in the office and they were all amazed at what they saw and learned from the captioned images.

Other then the simple fact that editing the pics in photoshop is too dang time consuming Im just wondering if there is a specific time or application when video+voice would be far superior then captioned images alone.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dhdc; 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

see if you can get a copy of ridgid hq. this will do pretty much what you're trying to do now. but much simpler and already formatted for sewer inspections and email reports.

rick.

ps. good job on the cleaning and the report you made up
                phoebe it is

Comment

thanks Rick

I only went this far to add captions to show the upper management of this property the work I performed for them. I wouldnt do it for all drain jobs.

ps. and dont ask me what the after pics look like.

Comment

I read my last post again and I think I should clarify.

I use Ridgid Connect to give people reports. With that program, I think voice notes are useless because they have so much other info in front of them also.

If I was making DVD's for my customers, then I would make voice notes while I was making the video. But with physical media rapidly going away, I don't think I have to worry about doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X