New K60 owner Ebay Find

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New K60 owner Ebay Find

I just saw where that k60 is coming from new Hampshire dam I would have scored it myself about 1.5 hours away!
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Thats right....It looked like a Tool Liquidation Company in NH..They have great feed back....I didnt wait around I just hit the Buy it Now Button because I knew it wouldnt last long....Anyway, at my age (56) Ive switched to all sectionals...I have a very nice General Speedrooter 91 with a new drum and new 100' of Gen 5/8" cable that might be going up for sale..it's my standby main line machine...it's out in the garage and hasnt been used in over a year... I used to have a Maxi Rooter with 100' of 3/4" in the drum when I was in my 30's....I then went to the Speedrooter and then to the K1500 all because of the weight.. I know that the K60 cant replace my K1500 but I do believe it can do the vast majority of my main line sewer cleaning....You just cant hump that much weight up the stairs and load in the truck like you can when your younger...You have to take care of your back in this line of business..Sectionals keep me working....Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
        Thats right....It looked like a Tool Liquidation Company in NH..They have great feed back....I didnt wait around I just hit the Buy it Now Button because I knew it wouldnt last long....Anyway, at my age (56) Ive switched to all sectionals...I have a very nice General Speedrooter 91 with a new drum and new 100' of Gen 5/8" cable that might be going up for sale..it's my standby main line machine...it's out in the garage and hasnt been used in over a year... I used to have a Maxi Rooter with 100' of 3/4" in the drum when I was in my 30's....I then went to the Speedrooter and then to the K1500 all because of the weight.. I know that the K60 cant replace my K1500 but I do believe it can do the vast majority of my main line sewer cleaning....You just cant hump that much weight up the stairs and load in the truck like you can when your younger...You have to take care of your back in this line of business..Sectionals keep me working....Tom

I see your also from Wisconsin so most of your mains must be in basements. How do you prep the area to keep it clean in the nicer looking ones ? Having no power feed isn't all that constant tugging on the cable hard on the back and arms ? Do you kneel down when running the K-60 ? How do you deal with the basements that have inches of water/poo in them ? Seems that would be a real mess to deal with, cables laying/flopping around in all that poo ?

Comment

If there is inches of poop water in the basement You can set it on a milk crate If there is too much poop water call the septic guy to pump them out first. Pulling cable is not that bad with the K60 I was surprised
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Hey Appletondrain....You guys got 11" of snow today......Wow! Down here we just missed it....I'm ready for Spring! Tom
            sure did it suckes ***
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

I've run both Drum and Sectionals and I do not find it all harder to keep the area clean with a sectional as compared to a drum machine as long as you take the proper precautions... First off I get asked all the time if my equipment is new..Thats because I clean it after every use...Also I keep my work area clean...Tarp ..drop cloths ect... I run water in the line so for the most part my cables come out clean..cept for the nasty stuff (Roots and such) which I place in a bucket by my feet....I find the open wind cables shed water very well and come out of the line nearly dry...(Not dripping) anyway...When I pull the cables out I have them spinning and this usually makes them very easy to pull out..Every job is different tho..But it is not hard on my back...I take my time and clean the line comming out just as much as I do going in...I was in one of those 1.5 mil. $$ homes last month with a finished basement and white carpeting..so yes I did use a drum machine that time ..but for the most part 99 % of the time I have no problem using the Sectional....Not being able to keep the work area clrean has never been a big issue..but then I work clean and have the proper tarps ect...With a little practice and experience you can be pretty dang clean... Also after I am done and loaded up I always take a bucket w cloth and soap and touch up any area that needs it...customers love it when you leave their place cleaner than when you arrived... I find that customers often judge you more on how clean you left them than the job at hand... In other words if you want good referals " clean up" I cant stress that enough..Tom

Comment

tom, great post. hopefully more guys will start believing us. i've been trying to get the word out for a few years on the sectional and k-60.

looks like others are starting to take notice

thanks,

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I've run both Drum and Sectionals and I do not find it all harder to keep the area clean with a sectional as compared to a drum machine as long as you take the proper precautions... First off I get asked all the time if my equipment is new..Thats because I clean it after every use...Also I keep my work area clean...Tarp ..drop cloths ect... I run water in the line so for the most part my cables come out clean..cept for the nasty stuff (Roots and such) which I place in a bucket by my feet....I find the open wind cables shed water very well and come out of the line nearly dry...(Not dripping) anyway...When I pull the cables out I have them spinning and this usually makes them very easy to pull out..Every job is different tho..But it is not hard on my back...I take my time and clean the line comming out just as much as I do going in...I was in one of those 1.5 mil. $$ homes last month with a finished basement and white carpeting..so yes I did use a drum machine that time ..but for the most part 99 % of the time I have no problem using the Sectional....Not being able to keep the work area clrean has never been a big issue..but then I work clean and have the proper tarps ect...With a little practice and experience you can be pretty dang clean... Also after I am done and loaded up I always take a bucket w cloth and soap and touch up any area that needs it...customers love it when you leave their place cleaner than when you arrived... I find that customers often judge you more on how clean you left them than the job at hand... In other words if you want good referals " clean up" I cant stress that enough..Tom

Do you have to keep it warm in the winter months so it doesn't freeze up ?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    tom, great post. hopefully more guys will start believing us. i've been trying to get the word out for a few years on the sectional and k-60.

looks like others are starting to take notice

thanks,

rick.

Deep down he knows whats cleaner thus taking a drum in the 1.5 million $$ home

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Deep down he knows whats cleaner thus taking a drum in the 1.5 million $$ home

1.5m is considered an average home for my customers. the k-60 does 95%+ of all my lines.

my drums haven't seen my truck in over a year.

doesn't matter, if it's white carpeting, you need to take precautions with everything including a plunger

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Well I have had Drum Machines freeze up many times..Never had a Sectional freeze up.... As for using the Drum machine in the fancy house...it was used because it was a very short easy run where I knew the stoppage was soft... not roots..I used a General T3 (Small light Drum Machine).and because I needed to move fast that day...But I could have used the sectional there and been just as clean...But the Drum was more efficient to use in that situation on that day..I like having options and options are good.... Like I said I own both types...I respect everyone as far as their choice in equipment....I choose sectionals on 99% of my mainline runs no regrets..I am a one man show and older...My k1500 is the best choice I could ever make for a difficult root infiltration...I cant imagine me being able to hump a K7500 ,Maxirooter, Big Mytna or 2001 1065 Spartan by myself consistantly day after day...We have 99% basement cleanouts here...No can do the Drum shuffle...But to those that can ...more power to you...More than anything for me Sectionals have keep me in the game...Respectfully, Tom

Comment

Well I have had Drum Machines freeze up many times..Never had a Sectional freeze up.... As for using the Drum machine in the fancy house...it was used because it was a very short easy run where I knew the stoppage was soft... not roots..I used a General T3 (Small light Drum Machine).and because I needed to move fast that day...But I could have used the sectional there and been just as clean...But the Drum was more efficient to use in that situation on that day..I like having options and options are good.... Like I said I own both types...I respect everyone as far as their choice in equipment....I choose sectionals on 99% of my mainline runs no regrets..I am a one man show and older...My k1500 is the best choice I could ever make for a difficult root infiltration...I cant imagine me being able to hump a K7500 ,Maxirooter, Big Mytna or 2001 1065 Spartan by myself consistantly day after day...We have 99% basement cleanouts here...No can do the Drum shuffle...But to those that can ...more power to you...More than anything for me Sectionals have keep me in the game...Respectfully, Tom

Let me ask you this.... If you were in a basement with a main line backup and already had a drum and a sectional machine down there and you also didn't have to lug either of them back up which would you choose ?

Comment

I would use the Drum Machine but I dont live in that make believe world..Respectfully, Tom

Comment

But having said that...I believe 1 1/4" cables are stronger and dont break as easily and I prefer the higher RPM Sectionals offer .. And in the event you damage a cable you can just disgard just the one section of cable....Tom

Comment

but I dont live in that make believe world..Respectfully, Tom

Wouldn't it be great

Comment

Working...
                                X