No announcement yet.

Ok, you K-60 guys win once and for all!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, you K-60 guys win once and for all!

Been out of commission all day with the exception of a trip to the chiropractor this morning, due to a mishap loading my small drum machine (General T-3). Thought it couldn't happen to me but I'm not going to forget this for a while ! Doc says it could be 10 days to 10 weeks to heal! Never had this happen before.

Re: Ok, you K-60 guys win once and for all!

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
    Been out of commission all day with the exception of a trip to the chiropractor this morning, due to a mishap loading my small drum machine (General T-3). Thought it couldn't happen to me but I'm not going to forget this for a while ! Doc says it could be 10 days to 10 weeks to heal! Never had this happen before.
    get well soon sorry to hear you got hurt
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

10 days 10 weeks or 10 forevers.......he doesn't know. Goodluck

Comment

sorry to hear that...it sucks..I hurt my back lifting a machine many years ago...rest and relax then go easy for a while...I just got a K-60 and even though I have only done about 6-7 sewers...I gotta say I am not missing the K-7500 as much as I thought I would...good luck...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I'm sorry you got torqued.Best wishes on a timely recovery.

Comment

That def. sucks.. Don't feel bad after being bent over running a 60 for 1-2hrs. sometimes I feel the same.Rest up good
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oh man that does suck. Heal fast man, heal fast.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Just put a little truck crane on my cube van for such things. Takes a couple extra minutes but hopefully a lot less back aches.

Comment

Thanks, guys, it does suck especially since we're just fixing to bust loose with our busiest time of year. Anyway, maybe we'll be good to go in a few days, who knows.

Comment

Do you carry your machine on your pump truck? One of my trucks has a huge tool box on it. I can carry my jetter or my Speedrooter in there but the door folds down to create a ramp. My other truck I have to lift machines into the boxes.

If you are loading into a pickup you might consider a liftgate for it. They are a little pricy but they will last a long, long time and you will be amazed at how much stuff you will use it for. I used mine once to uninstall/reinstall a vacuum pump on one of my septic trucks. Worked great!

Comment

Our pump truck has a huge tool box but it's full of septic tank repair baffles, garden hose, Prototek locator, gloves, gas for our CrustBuster, extra pump oil, etc. I don't think you could get too much storage space on a pump truck. I'm thinking about buying a 4 @ 4k jetter from AmazingMachinery.com for $1,500 and throwing away the cart, then building a box to mount it in on the truck. That's exactly what I was doing, my brother pumped a tank and the customer was still backed up so I threw the drum in the back of my pickup and cruised over there and ran the line several times and removed a large buildup of grease. A jetter built onto the pump truck would have saved me a second trip to the job and a trip to the chiropractor .
                      That $1,500 price tag on that little jetter is something I just can't forget, IMO it's a pretty small investment and would pay for itself in 10 uses or less.
                      As for the lift gate for the pickup, I have a 7x12 enclosed trailer with a ramp rear door that is fixing to become a dedicated drain cleaning trailer. That should solve all the lifting issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                        Our pump truck has a huge tool box but it's full of septic tank repair baffles, garden hose, Prototek locator, gloves, gas for our CrustBuster, extra pump oil, etc. I don't think you could get too much storage space on a pump truck. I'm thinking about buying a 4 @ 4k jetter from AmazingMachinery.com for $1,500 and throwing away the cart, then building a box to mount it in on the truck. That's exactly what I was doing, my brother pumped a tank and the customer was still backed up so I threw the drum in the back of my pickup and cruised over there and ran the line several times and removed a large buildup of grease. A jetter built onto the pump truck would have saved me a second trip to the job and a trip to the chiropractor .
                        That $1,500 price tag on that little jetter is something I just can't forget, IMO it's a pretty small investment and would pay for itself in 10 uses or less.
                        As for the lift gate for the pickup, I have a 7x12 enclosed trailer with a ramp rear door that is fixing to become a dedicated drain cleaning trailer. That should solve all the lifting issues.
                        That's a good idea.

Comment

kendal, 15 years ago i herniated a disc trying to break loose a fitting while using my legs, arms and back 5 years of stabbing sciatica pain every time i stood up.

the only medicine that worked to help the pain was alieve. typically 1 in the morning and that covered me all day

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Im now 56 yrs old and I hurt my back back in 1991 lifting my Maxirooter 100' 3/4" into the van....I am a big guy 6'4 and 235 lbs...So I did load and unload and go up and down stairs every day with this 275 lb. machine. All by myself.... My point is that we need to take care of our bodies in this business... Just because you can lift a 275 lb machine all by yourself day in and day out dosent mean we should be when we have other options... For me ( older guy) sectional machines have prolonged my ability to do this job...I do believe drum machines have their place and they cant be completely replaced ..that said if I have other options, and I almost always do have other options I do whats best for myself.. Also perhaps now in my 50's I am paying for all the ill things I did to my back when I was younger... So you can get away with lifting for a few yrs but in the end you will pay the price.... the answer to me is... Lighter is always better....For me sectionals keep me working... I hope you feel better and I assure you 3 trips of 50lbs wil not hurt your back as much as one trip of 150 lbs...To me a drum machine without a helper is bad news....I dont know if the younger guy will understand this but your back is one of your most important assets in this trade ..Take Care Of It... Be Good To It....Conserve It When You Can... The 50 year old you will thank you some day...Tom

Comment

Well, looks like I was blessed. First night, I slept very little, and in the morning I could either lay down or pace the floor but sitting was unbearable. Went to the bonecracker. Then by evening I was feeling noticeably better. Second night I doped up on Excedrin PM and slept like a log, and woke up better yet. By that evening I hardly could feel it. That's the last pain I had.

I know that it's weak now though, so my brother has become my slave labor cause neither of us want me to go MIA. Take it easy for a couple weeks and then be (carefully) resume my responsibilities in the trenches after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X