X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double combination fitting clogging

Has anyone seen PVC double combination fitting clogging in the center of the fitting? I have two houses That have reacquiring clog's in the double combo fitting.
    It is 4X3 Double combo in the horizontal position, the left side of the fitting has a one bathroom group on it and the right side has a one bathroom group on it and the top of the fitting has a kitchen sink on it. I have put a camera in from downstream, and looked at it before cleaning. The clog is in the center of the fitting. After cleaning I look at it again, it looks normal. It happens the exact same way in a other house next door.
    I think the waste is crossing over from left to right instead of going down stream. Then with no use on the right side for days the clogs starts until it closes the entire fitting. Both houses are on a slab. If not I would remove the double and install 2 wyes.

Re: double combination fitting clogging

yep...had same problem in a medical building in cast iron...I had on one side all the bathrooms and on the other side a single sink and out of the top was a cap...I ended up taking it out and stacking two wye's... I talked about this a while back and still think they should not be used in horizontal configuration...IMO good luck and get use to coming back or bust it up and fix it!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Your theory is probably correct. Too many solids without enough wash on the horizontal. Curious as to how much pitch/slope coming into the combo as well as the combo itself. I know 1/8" is the minimum as far as the code goes; and I know a ton of guys that go with that. I prefer at least 1/4" on 3 & 4" pvc under a slab. So much can happen; it doesn't take much to go from a solid 1/8" to flat to backpitch or belly. In this part of Fla., no basements, just slabs. So, if piping under house needs to be tweaked, get yer saw and demo hammer. Think we can match these floor tiles from 1989??

Comment

I have seen this several times in the last week. I feel they should not be used. But I am not a plumber just a stool cleaner .
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Maybe used on vents only ..just my .02
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I personally wouldn't put one in horizontally, but what do I know...
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Isn't a horizonatol double comby flat on the bottom (the 2 sides) so how can it be sloped properly? 2 stacked comby's are the only way I can see to properly make a horizontal connection.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
              X