X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nozzle size explanation.

Help me out here. When they talk about nozzle orifice size like 2.0 or 3.5 etc, does that mean the gpm the pump is putting out?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Nozzle size explanation.

Yes and No, yes it is the GPM at 4000 psi so if you have a 3000 psi you need to adjust a little fpr proper PSi and GPM. Here is a link to a good chart.
    http://www.ultimatewasher.com/nozzle...ure-washer.htm
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thank you for the chart, exactly what I needed.

Since the orifice sizes are so close, is it a good idea to measure the gpm and psi coming out the end of the hose instead of what the pump is rated for?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes checking will fine tune the jetter to it's best settings. For instance My trailer Jetter is 4000 psi 25 GPM and those specs worked ok with most of the nozzles I got with it but I just ordered a warthog 1/2" and got the recommended tips for it based on my specs and 500' of 1/2" hose but when I ran it I was getting 22 gpm but only 2800-3000 psi. So I changed the side jets on the warthog (smaller) it now gives me my 25 gpm BUT 4000 psI! tHIS IS WITH 2 SIDE NOZZLES and 1 front. I plugged the front nozzles and was getting 5000 psi so I added the original jets back on the sides and with the plugged front I get 3900 psi (close enough) So I have to switch my jets depending on what I am doing.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

ben, very simple way to judge your machine output.

get your jetter hose/ 100-150' of 1/4'' and install a tee on the end. so it's hose, tee, then high pressure shut off valve.

on the tee mount a h.p gauge. start the machine with the valve wide open.

then slowly crank down the valve to raise the psi to the max that your machine will put out without stalling or causing your engine to slow down too much.

measure the psi and then direct the water into a large barely. if you can get a minutes worth of discharge out of it, then transfer the water into a bucket that you can properly measure the water with.

or bring your machine to my shop and we'll play with it together

but you need a working unloader and a gauge on the pump to measure the pressure drop on the hose.

too small a nozzle and you could damage your pump/ overheat. too large and the psi drops off.

you should need a 4-4.5 based on your specs.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X