X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39af broken

Just wanted to show some of the problems that I have had with this machine that I have only used about 6 times. I managed to get it back together pretty easy, but still frustrated. I am meeting with the rep soon to discuss trading up to k-50. This model is a K-39af. Pictures are at: https://picasaweb.google.com/1174663...0952864/K39af#
    Last edited by Plumbingbyjay; 03-27-2011, 10:30 AM.
    "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Re: K-39af broken

I'm pretty hard on K39 af. I havent had any real issues with the thing. It almost three years old and I think a new one is in furture. What issues did you have. It is not a tool that last a guy a lifetime.

Comment

The first issue was on my third use. I was snaking a tub drain through the cleanout. The motor just stopped. It was fixed under warranty. The second issue was the stupid clutch hung up. Also fixed under warranty. This third time, I took matters into in my own hands, and fixed it. I don't like the auto feed or the clutch. It is a stupid design. You have to hold the gun and push with your arms way from each other to keep the clutch from engaging. I wish I would have never got rid of my Milwaukee that was 20+ years old. My last job was a washing machine. Small run only 8 feet of 2". It took two of us to hold the machine and work it through the trap. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

What's with your avatar ?

lol !

Comment

jay the clutch/ grabbers do get tweaked and will cause the slide chuck to close. personally i feel the slide chuck is a waste on the auto feed machine and not durable enough for non auto feeds.

very simple fix. remove the 2 spring steel fingers/ clamp springs that engage the cable.

the snap/ spiral ring is broken or was it removed?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
            You have to hold the gun and push with your arms way from each other to keep the clutch from engaging.

I have three K-39AF's and two of them do that. Not sure why the other one doesn't ???

Like "K-60 Rick" says, the slide chuck is worthless.

I use mine a lot and they have been problem free. Overall I like them very much.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the clutch/ grabbers do get tweaked and will cause the slide chuck to close.

Mine must have been tweaked right out of the box.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              very simple fix. remove the 2 spring steel fingers/ clamp springs that engage the cable.

I think I'm going to give that a try

Comment

Very disappointed with my 39af. Used maybe 15 times. Wasn't going to say anything since they're so popular on here, but have already decided to replace it with a 50. Love my 7500 and 3800. 39af is second-rate at best. The plastic cover near the autofeed started falling off very early. The instructions do not specify whether the autofeed works on both the 5/16 and 3/8, so I assumed did both. But I think I was mistaken.

Comment

the plastic snap on cover is not that important. mine falls off when i push in cables on swap outs.

the auto feed will work on boith 5/16'' a 3/8''. but i typically only use 5/16'' and then switch to the k-50 for 5/8''. 3/8'' is too small for me and i prefer the power of the k-50 and cleaning of the 5/8'' sectional.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X