X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop-vac cord on Drain machine

I'd like to see cords on drain machines like shop-vacs. After wrapping cord the plug cilps on the cord. I've put these cords on both my K-50's. A simple thing that saves time.

Re: Shop-vac cord on Drain machine

the k-50 should have a gfci plug. the shop vac cord does not.

on the k-50 i just wind up the cable, a few loops and drop it around the clutch handle.

although it would be nice to see a 15' cord as that would typically cover me for any indoor drain. showers especially

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

A gfci mounted on the motor(going up and down) with a shorter cord is something I'd like to see on the k50
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

my general mini rooter has what you're talking about, would there be a concern with ordering a replacement cord from general and putting it on your machine? it has the built in gfci and I Think is ten foot long.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

never really tried this on construction equipment,

but on mic cables and speaker wires and other music and sound cables, many use
          Velcro Cable Wraps,

there at most band type music stores, there just a strip of Velcro that has a section of grip on one side and the felt type on the other, some are split so they stay on the cords,

the picture is just one example of them
          Attached Files
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

velcro just doesn't last that long in the grubby drain cleaning world......
            But it is cheap and replaceable.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              velcro just doesn't last that long in the grubby drain cleaning world......
              But it is cheap and replaceable.
              I was wondering if it would stand up in construction type conditions, but it is a possibility in some conditions,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                the k-50 should have a gfci plug. the shop vac cord does not.

on the k-50 i just wind up the cable, a few loops and drop it around the clutch handle.

although it would be nice to see a 15' cord as that would typically cover me for any indoor drain. showers especially

rick.
                I was told by a contractor I shouldn't plug a GFI into a GFI. He read it in a contractor magazine? I use a inline GFI when needed, use it on the shop vac too.

I wrap the cord around the body at the top of the legs. It's about 15ft. and I usually don't need an extension cord.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                  never really tried this on construction equipment,

but on mic cables and speaker wires and other music and sound cables, many use
                  Velcro Cable Wraps,

there at most band type music stores, there just a strip of Velcro that has a section of grip on one side and the felt type on the other, some are split so they stay on the cords,

the picture is just one example of them
                  I use velcro wraps on stuff too. Mostly on test meters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis/Ohio View Post
                    I was told by a contractor I shouldn't plug a GFI into a GFI. He read it in a contractor magazine? I use a inline GFI when needed, use it on the shop vac too.

I wrap the cord around the body at the top of the legs. It's about 15ft. and I usually don't need an extension cord.
                    interesting about the gfci into another gfci.

i would think that's true for permanent outlets in a home. but can't picture it on portable equipment.

look at any new hair dryer out there. they all have a gfci built into the cord.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      interesting about the gfci into another gfci.

i would think that's true for permanent outlets in a home. but can't picture it on portable equipment.

look at any new hair dryer out there. they all have a gfci built into the cord.

rick.
                      I was going to make that same point. And where does everyone use their hair dryers? In the bathroom....and what type of outlets are in almost all bathrooms? GFCIs.
                      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

The GFCI measures the current through the hot wire and compares it to the current in the return wire. If they are the same, all is good. If not, the current is flowing through the chassis of the unit or through your body or some other undesireable path. When this happens, the GFCI opens an internal switch so there is no more power to the plug.

It should not affect anything if you plug one or ten GFCIs into each other.

Comment

Working...
                        X