X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

I was called out the other day to clean a 4" mainline from the outside cleanout to the tank. I used my trusty 300 and stuck a 2" u blade on it and cleared the line. This is where the thanks comes in. I wouldn't have thought about it anymore in the past. I would have loaded up and gone away with my check. Instead of doing that, I stuck a 4" bit on it and sent it through to the septic tank, working the trouble spot until it gave me no more trouble.

The customer wondered what I was doing, when I explained it to him, he said "That's a good idea". Happy Guy. Even with the extra steps taken I was in and out in about a half hour with an extra $95 in my pocket.

With out this forum I'd never have done that. Now I'm a better drain cleaner and a better business person.

Thank you!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Thank you!

What received more rest, you azz from the bucket or your arms from using the power feed ?

Comment

There are plenty of old cast lines around here that I can't get a 4" cutter through. I usually have to settle for 3 1/2".

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        What received more rest, you azz from the bucket or your arms from using the power feed ?
        Not enough room in the bushes for a bucket so I had to kneel on the foot switch. I'd have to say my arms from the power feed! Nice and easy switching that little lever on the top back and forth. And control? Ease into it just a bit, back off just a bit. Got a clear spot? Zoom on through to the bad spot!

Wait until Rick gets ahold of this!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          There are plenty of old cast lines around here that I can't get a 4" cutter through. I usually have to settle for 3 1/2".
          This one was pretty clean on the inside surprisingly. It was installed in the 70's. I've actually serviced this account a few times before. Pumped his tank too.

Comment

Glad you went to the bigger cutting head. If you only run a 1/2 blade or a 2" blade in a 4" line you sure are not a drain cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              Glad you went to the bigger cutting head. If you only run a 1/2 blade or a 2" blade in a 4" line you sure are not a d
              rain cleaner.
              I love guys like that. They keep me in business. Couple jobs a week come from poor work from others. "the other guy said it was broke."

Comment

There are a lot of guys around here that only own a 1 1/2" spear head. As soon as they hit the blockage and get the water draining they roll it up, collect and leave. They make no attempt run the cable through the hole line and do not up size the cutters to do a proper job. These are the guys that moan about our company giving a two year guarantee on mainline roddings.

We always run multiple cutters though the sewer to ensure the line is properly cleared. If for some reason the larger cutters will not pass, the camera comes off the truck to see whats going on, at no extra charge to the customer since they are paying me to properly clear the line.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                X