X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter ?

I would like to get a jetter for cutting roots. 90% of my customers are on wells and most do not have 4gpm of water out of the hose. Can a storage tank be used with the Ridgid 3000? I like what I here abour the Root Ranger and would like to be able to use one.

Re: Jetter ?

shouldn't be a problem. make sure to have a large enough storage tank as to not allow air into the system. you also want to keep water level above the inlet level of the pump. make sure to up size the inlet hose and use a non collapsing type hose. a clear braided hose is good to allow you to see flow and air bubbles trapped in the line.

with a little work, the unloader bypass hose can be redirected back into the tank allowing for extended periods of bypass, reducing any overheating caused by shutting off the discharge.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I notice you list you occupation as 'septic' which makes me wonder if you are a pumper. If you are, and you are bringing a pumper truck out anyway, the setup I'd check into is a tank split fresh/waste. 4gpm and a root ranger will do it, just. My jetters do 5.5gpm, and I'd like more. I don't have bigger ones for supply reasons; I don't want to run a truck big enough to bring my own water. At 5.5gpm I camera every root job to be sure I've done a good job.

If you are running a big truck anyway and it is an option, consider more gpm. Makes it a no-brainer with more gpm; If I had 8 or 12, with a warthog, I'd quickly get away from putting the camera in to make sure, and I'd pick up culvert and city main jobs I pass on now as well. To my knowledge I haven't killed a well yet, but it's always in the back of my mind. Bringing my own water would take that concern away, and end the hunt for a good supply on every job as well.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Here is some documentation from the KJ-3100 manual. This should be the same for any jetter in a situation where there is inadequate water supply.

In cases of insufficient water flow, possible solutions include using fittings to allow multiple supply hoses to be connected to the jetter or the use of a tank.

If a tank is used, plumb a tee with full port valves to the jetter water inlet as shown in Figure 9. Connect a
        3/4" (19 mm) hose no longer than 6 feet (1.8 m) to the valve on the outlet of the tee, and connect the water supply to the run of the tee. Either place the hose end in the tank or connect to the tank outlet. The entire length of the tank hose should be no more than 5" (12.7 cm) above the jetter water inlet, or the jetter will not draw water from the tank.
        Fill the tank prior to starting the jetter. When starting jetter, turn the tank valve off. As soon as the jetter is started, open the tank valve. Monitor the tank water level, and if needed, stop jetting to allow the tank to refill. Do not allow the water level to fall below the hose end.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for help and ideas. I am going to put this on my summer to do list.

I am a pumper but need all my gallons and wieght for hauling septic. The jetter will come in our service truck. Our current jetter is 3gpm and 2500psi. I want to move up to something bigger and more powerfull.

Comment

Working...
          X