X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 Revisited, basements etc.

I just used a k60 today and sunday. If it is finished you have to tarp and newspaper off every thing even where the guide hose is. I would say if you only do 1 or 2 drains a week the k60 would be perfect. For me I would not want to use it everyday or a couple times a day. I do not want to work on my knees and I don't want to hang on to a cable spinning 600rpm's. An auto stare climber is what we need for our drum machines. Oh the reason I used the k60 sunday was because the bathroom and laundry room were so small I could not get my drum in and work. Today I was videoing a drain for a guy with the k60 since it was there I told him to stand back while I opened the drain.
    Ya I do like drain cleaning.

When I 1st started using a k60 I thought it would be the answer to everything. nope, It will do everything but to much work and ware and tear on the operator

Comment

I thought it was a self feeder in and out, no? If not then no way, not worth it. I'll hire some kid to drag the drum snake around.

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      The K-60 seems it would be more of a workout always pulling on the cable to feed in and out of sewer. You would also have to make more trips up and down the stairs.

Comment

You know any girly men who drink "the Beast" (Milwaukee's Best)

Guess I do now
        Attached Files
        Last edited by OLD1; 04-05-2011, 05:34 PM.
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks, I was getting the feeling it's not the "go to" snake for most basement users. I think I'll stick with the Spartan 300, I love the power with the direct drive (no belts) and the ease of the self feeder in and out. I usually make three runs in and out to 100' within about 15 minutes. BUT I hate lugging the dang thing up the stairs.

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          I just used a k60 today and sunday. If it is finished you have to tarp and newspaper off every thing even where the guide hose is. I would say if you only do 1 or 2 drains a week the k60 would be perfect. For me I would not want to use it everyday or a couple times a day. I do not want to work on my knees and I don't want to hang on to a cable spinning 600rpm's. An auto stare climber is what we need for our drum machines. Oh the reason I used the k60 sunday was because the bathroom and laundry room were so small I could not get my drum in and work. Today I was videoing a drain for a guy with the k60 since it was there I told him to stand back while I opened the drain.
          Ya I do like drain cleaning.

When I 1st started using a k60 I thought it would be the answer to everything. nope, It will do everything but to much work and ware and tear on the operator

Comment

Here is another example say I figure a drain is 100' I want to run the full 100' Now I might clear the drain and pick up a big ball of roots at 80' with the k60 you will have to pull all 80' out to pull the roots off the cable otherwise you are going to fight like crazy to go that extra 20'.
            That is a pain.

Comment

"I don't usually drink beer, but when I do I only drink the best!" (tv commercial)

http://www.bigskybrew.com/uploads/images/moose.gif

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              Guess I do now

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                Thanks, I was getting the feeling it's not the "go to" snake for most basement users. I think I'll stick with the Spartan 300, I love the power with the direct drive (no belts) and the ease of the self feeder in and out. I usually make three runs in and out to 100' within about 15 minutes. BUT I hate lugging the dang thing up the stairs.

Yeah but what size cable can that thing run?? You aint' getting that on a roof or in a crawlspace

Comment

"I don't usually drink beer, but when I do I only drink the best!" (tv commercial)

Cool looking brew

Comment

Guess I do now

lol

Comment

Yeah but what size cable can that thing run?? You aint' getting that on a roof or in a crawlspace

I would walk away before I ever went on any roof.

It depends on the crawl space. I have laid mine down on it's back with the loading wheel still on the handle and it rolls under there quite nicely

Comment

Moose Drool ?

Comment

Yeah but what size cable can that thing run??

Thing ? Lets have some respect here son !

In most instances it's not the size of the cable but how you wiggle it

Comment

I would walk away before I ever went on any roof.

It depends on the crawl space. I have laid mine down on it's back with the loading wheel still on the handle and it rolls under there quite nicely
                            If you walk away you don't make money$..Like I said before I am sure there are couple of times where a drum machine would have been easier for me to use, cleaner , blah, blah, blah, I personally like the versatility of the 60..My first snake was a 50 so I got use to sectionals..If I started out with a drum I might be singing a different tune

Comment

Thing ? Lets have some respect here son !

In most instances it's not the size of the cable but how you wiggle it

Trust me size does matter ..They've been lieing to us all these years but now are finally admitting it

Call me son again , I'll send my k60 over there to take your drums lunch money I won't even need the secret weapon

Comment

We don't have crawl spaces and nobody snakes from the roof around here. It's all basement cleanouts or toilets. The 300 can run 3/4" or 5/8" magnum. I've had the same 5/8" magnum cable on the same machine for over 10 years and still running strong. I think that says a lot about Spartan. Just wanted to find something lighter and easier. The K-60 is lighter, but not easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X