X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 Revisited, basements etc.

Yup that's the stuff. Drink six of those and you won't care what it's called!

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Moose Drool ?

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      We don't have crawl spaces and nobody snakes from the roof around here. It's all basement cleanouts or toilets. The 300 can run 3/4" or 5/8" magnum. I've had the same 5/8" magnum cable on the same machine for over 10 years and still running strong. I think that says a lot about Spartan. Just wanted to find something lighter and easier. The K-60 is lighter, but not easier.

Same thing around here, through the cleanout or pull the toilet.

The 300 will only run 5/8" and .55 magnum cable.

http://www.spartantool.com/machinevi...ines&model=300

Comment

I use the K-60 in basements all the time, 1/2 the time I don't even tarp things off just one very little one. I use 1.5" ABS pipe scraps that the cable is in while using it. If the space is narrow I use the pip;es plus the flex tube that comes with the k-60. The reason I use it more in basements than the drum is here the basements usually have very narrow steep stairs with turns and the drum is a hassle the k-60 is what I use because I am old and don't want to carry something heavy, I would rather make 2 -3 trips with light items than one trip with something heavy, ( again I am getting old not lazy)
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          I use the K-60 in basements all the time, 1/2 the time I don't even tarp things off just one very little one. I use 1.5" ABS pipe scraps that the cable is in while using it. If the space is narrow I use the pip;es plus the flex tube that comes with the k-60. The reason I use it more in basements than the drum is here the basements usually have very narrow steep stairs with turns and the drum is a hassle the k-60 is what I use because I am old and don't want to carry something heavy, I would rather make 2 -3 trips with light items than one trip with something heavy, ( again I am getting old not lazy)
          Cuda is getting lazy too? Thought I was the only one being lazy.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Ironranger....I am like you...big drum user..have had K-60 for about a month...done about two dozen sewers...couple in basements and a couple in bathroom...the setup time is a bit more...but the cable gets in pretty quick...I use a movers pad at the end of the guide hose...when done cabling, move machine and pull out cable into basket on the pad...takes about 25 % more time to do a job...but beats lugging the beast into house and down stairs....don't get rid of drum...but for me K-60 was a good investment and is paid for now...its excellence shines when you get a drain under 100 foot and only have to make a pass or two...or for me I had gotten three sewer calls in a row that had back to back toilets full to the brim....got on roof and had to run each about 120 foot ... took about an average 1 to 1.25 hours each and didn't have to drain out crap, pull toilet, cut open walls and accessing vents....its not the end all be all machine...but is a very nice piece to have...hope it helps...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I got the two mixed up. The only cable I've ever used is the two 50's of magnum. It might be time for a new cable, it seems to be slower than it was at one time. I'm sure it's worn pretty good. Pricey for 100' of magnum cable!

Same thing around here, through the cleanout or pull the toilet.

The 300 will only run 5/8" and .55 magnum cable.

http://www.spartantool.com/machinevi...ines&model=300

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                I had gotten three sewer calls in a row that had back to back toilets full to the brim....

Remind me to never take you with me to Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                  I got the two mixed up. The only cable I've ever used is the two 50's of magnum. It might be time for a new cable, it seems to be slower than it was at one time. I'm sure it's worn pretty good. Pricey for 100' of magnum cable!

It probably needs replacing. Over time you don't realize how bad it's getting you just get used to it. Then when you get new cable it's like HOLY SHITZ I NEEDED THAT !!!

Comment

Remind me to never take you with me to Vegas

or maybe you would want to take me...
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Oh yea I'm sure you're correct about that. Over 10 years, could be a record!

It probably needs replacing. Over time you don't realize how bad it's getting you just get used to it. Then when you get new cable it's like HOLY SHITZ I NEEDED THAT !!!

Comment

Might be, I'm closing in on seven though and it still seems to be going good. Goes in and out pretty quick.
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

My first hesitation on buying a K-60 was using it inside. There aren't a lot of C/O here so most of the time I have to pull the w/c. After practicing (in my own home) its actually cleaner than a drum because its not slinging black gunk on the walls. Once you get used to pulling the cables back into the machine then right back into the basket, its easy and clean. Hell I'm getting to the point where I just lay a tarp down under the machine and cable basket. I always make sure my guide hose is clean as well.
                          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                          X