X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Revisited, basements etc.

I don't own a K-60 but have to bring it up again, fact is I'm getting old.

ALL of my main line clean out jobs are in the basement. Most of them are in very tight spaces with very little wiggle room. A lot of them are also finished basements with carpet.

I wouldn't have room for spreading out cables etc. I can't imagine the mess it would make even if I could.

Would it be better to stick with the drum machine vs the K-60 in my case? I would really like to use the K-60 but just worried it wouldn't work.

I would like to hear from others in the Midwest who have similar situations and use the K-60 in basements. Thanks.

Re: K-60 Revisited, basements etc.

Get the K60 and keep your drum. This way your not running the drum all the time. This will save your back on some of those hard to get at jobs.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Do you use the K-60 in basements? What about the mess with the dirty cables being exposed and how much room do you actually need to run this machine?

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      Get the K60 and keep your drum. This way your not running the drum all the time. This will save your back on some of those hard to get at jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        Do you use the K-60 in basements? What about the mess with the dirty cables being exposed and how much room do you actually need to run this machine?

All the time.. Tarp everything off and your good..I couldn't imagine NOT having a k60..Once everything is tarped out hook up the guide hose and rock n' roll..Gotta admit there have been times I would have liked a drum but not too many
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't own a K-60 but have to bring it up again, fact is I'm getting old.

ALL of my main line clean out jobs are in the basement. Most of them are in very tight spaces with very little wiggle room. A lot of them are also finished basements with carpet.

I wouldn't have room for spreading out cables etc. I can't imagine the mess it would make even if I could.

Would it be better to stick with the drum machine vs the K-60 in my case? I would really like to use the K-60 but just worried it wouldn't work.

I would like to hear from others in the Midwest who have similar situations and use the K-60 in basements. Thanks.

What type of drum and cable are you running now ?

Comment

Mostly use the Spartan 300 with 100' of magnum cable. I've had the same cable on that machine for over 10 years with no problems and tears through roots really good. Just getting tired of lugging it around. Drain cleaning isn't the bulk of what I do, maybe a couple a week.
            Do you use the K-60? If so how's it been working for you in the basements, keeping things clean etc.?

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            What type of drum and cable are you running now ?

Comment

I see the 7/8" cable comes in a basket with 75'. I guess I would need two baskets then is that correct? Does Ridgid offer a cutter kit, or a kit with the two baskets with the machine?

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              All the time.. Tarp everything off and your good..I couldn't imagine NOT having a k60..Once everything is tarped out hook up the guide hose and rock n' roll..Gotta admit there have been times I would have liked a drum but not too many

Comment

Mostly use the Spartan 300 with 100' of magnum cable. I've had the same cable on that machine for over 10 years with no problems and tears through roots really good. Just getting tired of lugging it around. Drain cleaning isn't the bulk of what I do, maybe a couple a week.
                Do you use the K-60? If so how's it been working for you in the basements, keeping things clean etc.?

I was going to suggest the same thing I run, the 300 with .55 magnum cable but I guess you know the machine better than I do

I have never ran a sectional machine but I'm looking into getting some 1.25" eel cable to run with a drill for the tougher jobs.

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K60-Drain-Machine

I bought an extra basket of cable and all kinds of cutters
                  Attached Files

Comment

I see the 7/8" cable comes in a basket with 75'. I guess I would need two baskets then is that correct? Does Ridgid offer a cutter kit, or a kit with the two baskets with the machine?

The K-60 seems it would be more of a workout always pulling on the cable to feed in and out of sewer. You would also have to make more trips up and down the stairs.

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K60-Drain-Machine

I bought an extra basket of cable and all kinds of cutters

The "go to" cutter seems to be missing

Comment

The K-60 seems it would be more of a workout always pulling on the cable to feed in and out of sewer. You would also have to make more trips up and down the stairs.
                        Oh it can be a workout ..The 60 is definitely not for girly men

Comment

The "go to" cutter seems to be missing

Here we go again !
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh it can be a workout ..The 60 is definitely not for girly men

You know any girly men who drink "the Beast" (Milwaukee's Best)

Comment

The 300 does a fantastic job, it's clean and powerful, and it's fast. It's just getting heavy these days. I watched a few video's of the K-60 and it seems to be a good machine for outside cleanouts but for what I would use it for I'm not sure and all the connecting and disconnecting and so many sections makes me a little nervous.
                              With the 300 I just stand there on the retrieve looking around and take a rest. I don't know. The only reason I'm considering the K60 is the weight, I don't think the other options are better than the 300.

I was going to suggest the same thing I run, the 300 with .55 magnum cable but I guess you know the machine better than I do

I have never ran a sectional machine but I'm looking into getting some 1.25" eel cable to run with a drill for the tougher jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X