Which Drill..........???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Drill..........???

That's all you need Asstyme. Should be able to find one cheap at a pawn shop
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

here was a discussion a while back on drills and adaptors,

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ill+cable+part

I do not know if it helps any one or not.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I'm getting an idea all of a sudden.... some kind of crazy contraption that would lengthen the body of a Hole Hawg and give you some good leverage when you hit tough roots.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

hole hawg

leverage. put the pipe with rubber grip in. if that ain't enough get some pipe. breid..................

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
            I'm getting an idea all of a sudden.... some kind of crazy contraption that would lengthen the body of a Hole Hawg and give you some good leverage when you hit tough roots.
            Milwaukee did make a electronic feedback speed dial hole hawg the 1678(reg model is the 1675) back in the late '90s. Didn't sell well but did have a longer body!

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mil..._136_6254.html
            You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the hole hawg doesn't have the long body of the super hawg or timberwolf. when things start to torque, you'll really appreciate the longer body of the those drills.

15' cables are not an issue until you hit an obstruction. then you wish that you're cables already a good 10' in. problem with the ridgid cables are they're not innercore out here. in europe they are

plus if you need a short section for safety, they don't have it.

my general 10' sections and 2- 4' sections have never failed me. they have couples that are the "G" connector for general and the eel pin type connector. they also have 2 size innercores.

rick.
              No need for innercore in the Ridgid 1-1/4" cables. If you need a stiff cable that can grab and tear roots, look no further than the C-14. Those things will out perform an innercore C-11 any day of the week. 1/2" pitch will grab more roots too.

The Ridgid cables weren't designed to be direct drive, hence no need for shorter sections.

I like the idea of the drill setup.....more for the fun or sport of it. Kind of seems like more work than it's worth unless you're in a really tight spot.

Comment

I went west coast style with the DeWalt DW124. Now I just need some cable and cutters.

ThanX for all the help

DeWalt DW124 Corded Drill w/Case | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  I went west coast style with the DeWalt DW124. Now I just need some cable and cutters.

ThanX for all the help

DeWalt DW124 Corded Drill w/Case | eBay
                  sweet deal for that DeWalt

Comment

For the most part, where are you guys positioning your hands on this style drill ?

Comment

1 on the handle/ trigger finger and the open palm on the back end behind the chuck. if you have the handle still that loops around the gearcase, not the pipe handle, that's a good spot.

remember to have respect for the power of this drill. also only low gear, never high. 10' cables and when needed a 4' section or 2- 4' sections. keep the slack to a minimun until you have a real good feel for the drill and cables. i can run 30' in 1 section with the right feel. coming out is easy to run 30'. going in is a skill and respect.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        1 on the handle/ trigger finger and the open palm on the back end behind the chuck. if you have the handle still that loops around the gearcase, not the pipe handle, that's a good spot.

remember to have respect for the power of this drill. also only low gear, never high. 10' cables and when needed a 4' section or 2- 4' sections. keep the slack to a minimun until you have a real good feel for the drill and cables. i can run 30' in 1 section with the right feel. coming out is easy to run 30'. going in is a skill and respect.

rick.

I think that AT should fly you out to demo for him. He thinks the 1500 is a PITA. I fear for his insurance deductibles

Gary, don't go thinking that you're going to run 30' exposed in a basement now. Rick charms the eel into doing his bidding with his cunning whit and intellect
                        Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-23-2011, 12:36 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Nice score on the the drill. I use the Milwaukee hole shooter, but your Timber-wolf should work great. I recommend you get the Eel cable and cutter heads.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                            Nice score on the the drill. I use the Milwaukee hole shooter, but your Timber-wolf should work great. I recommend you get the Eel cable and cutter heads.

Pricing them out now & hope to have in several weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                              I think that AT should fly you out to demo for him. He thinks the 1500 is a PITA. I fear for his insurance deductibles

Gary, don't go thinking that you're going to run 30' exposed in a basement now. Rick charms the eel into doing his bidding with his cunning whit and intellect

Nope not me, I'm going to be asking more questions and proceeding with extra caution. This is only going to be used on those PITA 6" lines and PITA 4" lines over 100'. But then again maybe more if it grows on me.............???

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

I know it's going to be more work than my drum machine but I had to do something for those tough jobs. The K-1500 was on my list of choices and was 2nd in the running.

Comment

Working...
                                X