Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Drill..........???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Which Drill..........???

    Get the flexible spear head(HDD-2T), HDD-3S, HDD-4S, U-4H, and get the 4 x 6 Expander if you got the cash for the tough root jobs. I never ordered from this site, just linking so you know what I'm talking about. PM me if you get the contact info from who I order through.

    electric eel accessories
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

    "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

    "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



    www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

    "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Which Drill..........???

      Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
      Get the flexible spear head(HDD-2T), HDD-3S, HDD-4S, U-4H, and get the 4 x 6 Expander if you got the cash for the tough root jobs. I never ordered from this site, just linking so you know what I'm talking about. PM me if you get the contact info from who I order through.

      electric eel accessories


      I just received a price quote on the cable. Why are the 4' sections almost as much as the 8' ? Are the 4' sections heavy duty ?

      8-DC Eel Cable $43.11 each
      4-DC Eel Cable $39.33 each

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Which Drill..........???

        Those are pretty good prices on the cable. Eel makes a regular and a heavy duty cable. One has a 1/2" inner core. the other has 5/8". You won't need the heavy duty. I use the regular, and it does more than needed. Just get one 4' section. you won't use it much.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

        "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

        "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



        www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

        "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Which Drill..........???

          AssTyme Make sure you get at least one four footer their good to have trust me. Learn to feel and listen to your drill and eel that will tell you a lot on whats going on at the business end of the cutter
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

          Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Which Drill..........???

            Received drill today and it's brand new. Chuck key still sealed in plastic and cord never unwrapped. Pleasant surprise

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Which Drill..........???

              Do you have the cable yet?
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

              "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

              "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



              www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

              "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Which Drill..........???

                Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                Do you have the cable yet?


                Not yet but hope to have soon.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Which Drill..........???

                  Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Received drill today and it's brand new. Chuck key still sealed in plastic and cord never unwrapped. Pleasant surprise
                  I am to lazy to re read the thread...were you expecting a used one? If so then good score man!!!
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                  Derek

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Which Drill..........???

                    Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                    Do you have the cable yet?


                    Now I'm thinking I should order the Model C with the cable ???

                    Thoughts............???

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Which Drill..........???

                      asstyme....but your a drum guy! getting a sectional would be like sticking your foot in your mouth.......it would go against all the hating on sectionals that you have had for the last year.
                      im confused why do you want or need a sectional? your spartan drums can do everything!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Which Drill..........???

                        Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Now I'm thinking I should order the Model C with the cable ???

                        Thoughts............???

                        I would say that is a great idea if you can afford it. The Model C has no computation when it comes to main line drain cleaners. If you do get a Model C, make sure to get the torque wrench Eel sales so you can adjust the clutch on the Model C. They come from the factory set at 100lbs, but I run them at 150bls 90% of the time.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

                        "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

                        "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



                        www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

                        "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Which Drill..........???

                          Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          Now I'm thinking I should order the Model C with the cable ???

                          Thoughts............???
                          Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                          asstyme....but your a drum guy! getting a sectional would be like sticking your foot in your mouth.......it would go against all the hating on sectionals that you have had for the last year.
                          im confused why do you want or need a sectional? your spartan drums can do everything!

                          JH, he doesn't have a biggun' drum, just the Spartan 300. He thinks the 1065 is too heavy for stairs with only 1 guy (and I agree). I think it's more about convenience for his decision.



                          AT: if you are going to do a lot of work with the eel cable in basements, you may want to consider looking for a used K-1500 or Rothenberger 750. Those machines keep the cable contained while spinning (so long as you use the guide hose) and let you work right at the cleanout like you are used to doing with the drum.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Which Drill..........???

                            Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            JH, he doesn't have a biggun' drum, just the Spartan 300. He thinks the 1065 is too heavy for stairs with only 1 guy (and I agree). I think it's more about convenience for his decision.

                            You are correct ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                            This won't be my #1 machine it will only be used on the several tough jobs I get each year. It's also a fact that all the tough root infested 6" lines are in not so nice basements so a little splatter won't hurt.

                            I still think that all you guys that are using a Silly K-60 day in & day out are totally nuts

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Which Drill..........???

                              Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

                              AT: if you are going to do a lot of work with the eel cable in basements, you may want to consider looking for a used K-1500 or Rothenberger 750. Those machines keep the cable contained while spinning (so long as you use the guide hose) and let you work right at the cleanout like you are used to doing with the drum.


                              Does the 1500 spin eel cable ? Are you using core or no core cable with your 1500 ?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Which Drill..........???

                                the k-1500 will spin eel cables.

                                asstyme i think your nuts for using a drum day in and day out.

                                we cabled 6 sewers today! all of which were done with the finist all around machine money can buy.....k-60!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X