X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Drill..........???

The Model C doesn't sling as much crap around as one might think. I don't go in as much basements as you northerners do, but I have never had a problem if the model c making a mess.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
      the k-1500 will spin eel cables.

Are most spinning core or no core cables in their 1500 ? How much stress do the core cables put on the 1500 ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Are most spinning core or no core cables in their 1500 ? How much stress do the core cables put on the 1500 ?
        I am using Ridgid C-14 cables (and sometimes C-11 cables). The C-14's are heavy duty (heavy weight) 1.25" cables. The eel cables are not going to stress the 1500 out much.

The 1500 is a beast. I would say look for a deal on a decent used 1500 or model C and jump on whatever comes up first.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
          I would say that is a great idea if you can afford it. The Model C has no computation when it comes to main line drain cleaners. If you do get a Model C, make sure to get the torque wrench Eel sales so you can adjust the clutch on the Model C. They come from the factory set at 100lbs, but I run them at 150bls 90% of the time.

Hope to be ordering soon, have a part number for this ? Will the standard torque wrench that I already have work for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Hope to be ordering soon, have a part number for this ? Will the standard torque wrench that I already have work for this ?

It might. I will have to see what size it is to be sure though. You will need to order a "Torque Wrench Adapter" from Eel though. It goes on the end of the Model C, then you put the torque wrench to it. The model number is SC-16 and it's around 15-20 bucks.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
            X