Jetter question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter question...

So I'm getting kinda old and tired of loading and unloading my cart jetter from my septic truck. I was thinking about those O'Brian jetters in a box and a brainstorm hit me. Why not just take mine off the cart and mount it in the box I have for it, then get 300 feet of 3/8" hose (and a reel) to jump to my pedal and reel?

My jetter specs are 3,000 psi at 3.8 gpm. What's the downside here?
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Jetter question...

i think that you will lose a lot of psi with the 300' jumper. there is a loss per foot but i'm not sure how much it is

Comment

We held off putting the jetter on the truck because we have to park so far from the septic tank. It is an aveargae of 100' to the tank then we would have to run the jetter down the line. If you are close, I do not see why your idea would not work.

Comment

your psi will drop at the rate of approx, .75 # per foot at that flow. but then if you drop to 1/4'' as the jetting hose, the pressure will drop approx. 4.5# per foot.

so your 3/8'' x 300' will start at 3000# at the pump and end at 2775# at the reel. then whatever your jetting hose drops

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Knight1 View Post
          We held off putting the jetter on the truck because we have to park so far from the septic tank. It is an aveargae of 100' to the tank then we would have to run the jetter down the line. If you are close, I do not see why your idea would not work.
          That's the same issue I'm running into. Occassionally I'd use the 300' to get to a sand filter or drainfield that needed to be jetted.

My 1/4" hose is 150' long. So total I'd be looking at 2100 psi.

Comment

So I'm thinking that the loss with just the 3/8" isn't too bad. If I used a quick connect style like the Aussies do I could use the 3/8" when I could and if I needed to go further I could add on my little reel. I might even go with less 3/8" and carry pressure washer hose in case I needed extra, so I'm not running through it all the time.

Okay, question number two.

My jetter has the Honda GX 390, will it run a bigger pump than I am currently running? It is a direct drive setup if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
              So I'm thinking that the loss with just the 3/8" isn't too bad. If I used a quick connect style like the Aussies do I could use the 3/8" when I could and if I needed to go further I could add on my little reel. I might even go with less 3/8" and carry pressure washer hose in case I needed extra, so I'm not running through it all the time.

Okay, question number two.

My jetter has the Honda GX 390, will it run a bigger pump than I am currently running? It is a direct drive setup if that makes any difference.
              I use 3/8 pressure washer hose in hundred foot lengths. 200 feet as jumper gets most places. Need more just add it. I have been using if for jetting too. It seems to work from a front c/o with no turns up to hundred feet. Its cheap tough and everywhere.

Comment

i run 200' 3/8 hose out my van to the c/o and then a ball valve to control on/off where my 3/8 hose converts to 1/4 jetter hose.

works fine for me thus far

Comment

Working...
                X