X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual jetter question

If you had 2 jetter with equal specs...say 4gpm at 3500 psi and got 2 jumper hoses and tee'd them them together running at the same time....would you get a total of 8gpm at 3500 psi?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Dual jetter question

something makes me think that you would lose psi and/or gpm at the tee... i'm sure Ace or Cuda will know for sure about gpm and psi.

Comment

in theory you'll double the gpm with the 2 pumps and maintain the psi.

but that's assuming that both engines are running at the same rpm's.

you also need the right/ pressure trap style unloaders to prevent the pumps from pumping back into each other. a couple 3 way valves also help in shutting and bypassing while running 1 and warm up.

cuda was running 2 -24hp setups for a while. i think he sold 1.

now ben, don't get too far ahead of yourself. you just bolted 1 pump onto your new cart and now you want 2

see you today

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

constant displacement pumps are what we use; they make a given gpm at a given rpm. plumb the outlets together and you get the total gpm out the third leg of the tee. restrict it enough with tiny fittings, too small hose, or whatever and you'll make enough back pressure that they'll start unloading and you lose some flow over the unloader(s) (and have little pressure left at the nozzle to do anything with). they are never going to pump back at each other or whatever.

just tee them together, use nice big open fittings, and use appropriate size hoze and nozzles.

what is the attraction with dual jetters? is it really cheaper? why not just get a big one and dial it down when you want less? I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea or something, just I don't understand why do it... just get a big pump and dial down the rpms when you want less seems way simpler and easier to me...
        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 04-06-2011, 01:36 PM.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I dont think I would buy two small unit just to get 8 gpm. For the same or less money you can get a 8 or 9 gpm @ 3500 psi unit. It seems be a good idea to tie two 8gpm together as a cheaper way to 16gpm. One motor and one pump is always the better setup.

Comment

thing i love about 4gpm is that you can always get that flow out of the homes water tap directly to your machine.

i think once you hit 5gpm you will need a holding tank.

so if you were used to going directly from the water tap to your machine in the past you will now need a tank if you dual jet. u prolly already knew that though.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              If you had 2 jetter with equal specs...say 4gpm at 3500 psi and got 2 jumper hoses and tee'd them them together running at the same time....would you get a total of 8gpm at 3500 psi?
              Yes! LOL
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post

what is the attraction with dual jetters? is it really cheaper? why not just get a big one and dial it down when you want less? I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea or something, just I don't understand why do it... just get a big pump and dial down the rpms when you want less seems way simpler and easier to me...
                I got a 4gpm 3500 psi pressure washer for 350 and today I saw a landa with the same specs going for 600. My line of thinking is for roughly about 1200 after everything is all bought and paid for I would have a jetter comparable to one costing 6-8k. If I had one big jetter and for some reason the house couldn't supply the 8 gpm, I can break it down to just run one jetter. I have the room, I'm kinda thinking of this as a "sectional" jetter.

I don't have the customer base for jetting but I do have time on my side. Today I just converted a 50$ hose reel into a handled jetter reel (turned out awsome Rick)but I bought that reel early last year. When I can get more jetting jobs, I would be ready for them.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

just get a tee and put quick disconnects on it,run some short hose off your 2 unloaders to it, then put your pressure hose on, thats it! But you should use a guage on each one to set the pressure to make sure you are getting the most from your sectional system
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm certainly no expert, so take it for what it's worth. The large single engine carts or diesel trailers are preferable I think for everyone, but two engines could have some advantages. Number one, like you figured out, cost, and number two, if one component goes down (engine, pump, unloader, etc.) you're not dead in the water til you get parts, hook up a smaller hose/nozzle and you can still jet quite a few lines even if it takes you a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X