breaking in or breaking the new jetter guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking in or breaking the new jetter guy

so ben wanted a 1 day crash course on jetting with the big jetter. us jetter 4000psi/ 18gpm.

so he rode shotgun with me yesterday and went to 3 different job sites with the jetter, nozzles and spray gun.

i don't think ben knew the pulling power and pulling resistance of 1/2'' hose with a warthog nozzle on it. especially when it's run through multiple bends.

the best was when i put a rotary nozzle on the end of my spray lance to cut roots from the curb outlet. he pulled the trigger and washed mud onto his clothes

this is the same style nozzle as used on the root ranger, just a larger jet. used a #7 = 7gpm at 4000#

also used the nozzle to cut out a large deposit of concrete in a 2'' patio deck drain.

overall, i think ben got a good understanding of the differences between a garden hose jetter and a fire hose jetter

of course a hard days work is rewarded with a lunch of his choice.

found a hawaiian bbq around the corner from our last project and we feasted. don't know what he ordered, other than it looked like spam covered with rice and wrapped with seaweed

came back to my shop and tested out the new 1/4'' warthog with ben's 1/4'' x 150' hose reel. at first it didn't spin, then it finally started up and was not overly impressed. but what do you expect for $450.00

thanks, ben for making the day go fast and my clothes staying clean

rick.

ben is a big boy. but the jetter took him for all he's got.

inserting the 1/2'' hose and warthog into a 1.5'' flex hose to protect the hose from scuff at the entry cleanout.

1 0f 2 area drain outlets through the curb that were plugged solid and cleaned with the rotary nozzle similar to the rootranger.

some of the debris flushed out from the drains.

not sure what you call it, other than um, um, good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-09-2011, 09:03 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: breaking in or breaking the new jetter guy

Why the warthog not the root ranger?

Comment

2 were 6'' lines 1/2'' warthog and 1 was 3'' area drains 3/8'' warthog and 2'' risers with 3/8'' nozzle with 3 forward, 6 rear.

the warthog does the 6'' without having to rotate the hose, as the nozzle rotates.

i believe the twin barrel rootranger does 4'' turns and would clean more of the walls without rotating.

i did use the rootranger style rotary jet for cutting out the roots at the curb and blasting out the concrete from the 2'' riser.

overall the rootranger is the strongest root cutting nozzle out there. it also requires some work to clean 360 degrees. but it does kick a$$

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

A meal like that's got Hawaii grown written all over it. Chicken katsu, spare ribs, 2 scoop rice, 1 scoop mac salad and a spam & egg musubi. My favorite stuff before becoming vegan.
        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
          A meal like that's got Hawaii grown written all over it. Chicken katsu, spare ribs, 2 scoop rice, 1 scoop mac salad and a spam & egg musubi. My favorite stuff before becoming vegan.
          Funny part was when I tried to give my chicken katsu. He looked at it and said "what's this? fried chicken?" Me, "sorta, just try it". Rick "What makes this so special? it's just fried chicken." Then he took a bite and his face lit up.

Chicken Katsu used be my plate everday after 4:20. Some things change but the katsu is still ono.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm surprised he even tried it!

Come on Ben, tell the truth--you were just messing with him on those hoses, right?
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Not really, Rick's jetter is a beast. I really don't think I could pull back rick's jetter if it had a root ranger on the 1/2" hose. Rick's actually fun to work with. For everyone else...Rick does work in bizzaro plumbing fantasy land. He probably got at least 6 calls that day and he told everyone of them that they'd have to wait and HE told them to call another plumber and they all said they'd wait for him. He's not bs'ing when he says he's not waiting for the phone to ring. And the view at every location was truly scenic.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

most people look at the spam musubi and go yuuuck! SPAM!!!

but when they try it they are surprised that its pretty good tasting and its probably the only way they can eat spam.

braddah ben you from hawaii?? what was the name of the bbq place you guys stopped at? the plates looked ono!
                Last edited by dhdc; 04-10-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Hawaiian BBQ was the place. Spinoff of LL. If only I could find zippy's. From wahiawa. Ohi st.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

this thread went from cleaning drains with a jetter to the food channel

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

no one picked up on the 4:20 but me??puff puff pass.........

Comment

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                        no one picked up on the 4:20 but me??puff puff pass.........
                        LOL, during my apprenticeship the glaziers in the shop next door used to have their "safety meetings" at 4:20.
                        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          this thread went from cleaning drains with a jetter to the food channel

rick.
                          Idnt it great...Best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            i don't think ben knew the pulling power and pulling resistance of 1/2'' hose with a warthog nozzle on it. especially when it's run through multiple bends.
                            Rick, what size front and rear orifices does your 1/2" Warthog have?

Comment

Originally posted by sewerrat View Post
                              rick, what size front and rear orifices does your 1/2" warthog have?
                              now you're getting personal !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X