Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It was just shocking I tell ya.

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Cuda, I'm glad you are ok and would like to echo what a few of the other guys have said about going to the hospital for a check-up... A hard shock can actually alter your blood chemistry and get ya sick, a plumber buddy was servicing an air compressor on a sprinkler system back when I was in the military, he got hit pretty hard. 4 days after the shock he ended up in the hospital for a few days until they could get the electrolite levels in his blood back to safe levels... Bill
    Very interesting/I'll remember this

Comment

Wow Thread of the week for gettin knocked on my arse
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Glad you are okay. Did the shock have anything to do with the replacement switch or motor?

Mark
        '
        I didn't look at it yet shoved it in the corner of the shop right now I hate that machine but I bet the switch or one of the wires came in contact with the case.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

maybe you were destined to get shocked sooner or later as determined by your avatar.

lol, just kidding! glad you are safe. My drum machine does not have a gfi but now I will get one. I did not know what a gfi was until this thread.

Comment

Just stumbled across this post..WOW! have been bit but never thatd bad..I even tinker with my main service panel from time to time..Never think about GFI'S ..I will now..My 60 has the GFI and I believe my 1500 has one ...Wierd story , was running the 50 one day and sparks were arching from the cable to the cast iron floor drain..Couldn't figure it out, thought there was a buried wire in the ground that was shorted out ..Come to find out the switch was shorted out..Old k50 with no GFI..Will always check for a GFI now..Hope you are ok now
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have always made a point before useing my K1500 after I have plugged into power point to touch the top of it with the back of my hand so if there is an electrical fault my hand wont grab onto machine but push it away

Tony

Comment

WOW .

Comment

Working...
                X