X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally have my own jetter!!

Customer has a mainline another "affordable" plumbing company wanted to replace for 12k. They ran ran a snake but somehow managed to leave big roots (37') and quoted 45' of sewer pipe even though there was another bad section at 51'. They also ran the camera, but somehow missed all this.

Got the 4gpm 3500 psi jetter last week for 350 but it was only the motor and pump. Bought some fittings and a frame from Envirospec (thanks for the tip Rick) and you can see what the finished product is. The hose reel came off ebay for 50 and the frame for it is a air compressor frame that was given to me for free. The tank for the air compressor is in the van as a stand alone tank. Got the root ranger from AJ coleman for way cheaper than anyone else and off I went. I used the camera behind the nozzle technique and it worked great. This is 4" clay and the ranger pulled itself out to 75' easy(city tie in).

Applied RootX afterwards and will come back in the fall to reinspect to see if this is a manageable problem. Although this line had quite a few root infiltrations, I saw no sags, offsets were reasonable and no cracked pipe. Here's the pics.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Finally have my own jetter!!

More pics. BTW, the 37 root ball was very gnarly. Couldn't get past it without removing the guide balls on the camera. The ranger went through it no problem. Very impressed with the ranger and more importantly so was the customer.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Remember to keep the camera in front of the RR or it will blow out the seal behind the sapphire crystal lens. Then you get fogging behind the lens. But..... there is an answer, Ridgid will exchange the damaged camera head. I've done it many times.
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Interesting....I pulled it back about 10-15' every time before stepping on the foot pedal. Your way makes sense.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We duct tape the curved section on the front of the RR into the pushrod of the camera at the base of the spring so it locks in together. Tape it up good and check it every 15 minutes. It makes cleaning a long drain line full of roots very quick. You find the roots, go past them, twist the hose and the pushrod together. Pull it back to inspect your work and move on to the next one.
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Great job,

now that you have the jetting bug, all your going to want to do is jet sewers. i would rather jet than cable!

From start to finish how long did it take you?
            Last edited by jhplumbing; 04-10-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I was bs'ing with the customer alot and trying to learn the machine but I'm guessing about an hour for jetting and maybe 2 hours for tools out/tools in
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

With a cart jetter the worst part is setup and tear down time. The jetting part is simple

Comment

great job Ben.

Comment

what size of jetter hose
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment