Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't have to go home for a shower today..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't have to go home for a shower today..

Lucky me. However the dude at the treatment plant had to go change. I had a nasty hair ball and they had me necked down from 6" to 3". Of course I kept getting plugged. Smarty pants tells me to put the pump in neutral, then he proceded to take the dump hose off. You can see the writing on the wall with this one. Poo everywhere. At least it wasn't me. Finally (after changing his pants) he got the 4" hose, which is the biggest they have, and the truck dumped. There was still a bit of hair caught in the valve when we got done. We managed to get that out without incident.

Tomorrow I'm going to take a load to another plant where I can use the full 6" and let it fly. Hopefully that will wash it out so I won't have to open the rear hatch.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: I didn't have to go home for a shower today..

I went to the other plant today. I found a bunch of gravel in the bottom of the tank. I scraped out as much as I could with a pump lifting hook I had on the truck, however I'm sure there is still more. If opening the hatch was easier I wouldn't mind, but on this truck it is a major pain in the keester.

I think I'm going to fab up a tool to reach in through the dump valve to scrape that junk out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
      ... I think I'm going to fab up a tool to reach in through the dump valve to scrape that junk out.
      Where does gravel come from? They got gravel in the pipe when they installed it? Pipe set in gravel broke?
      (I found small stones in a hot water heating system line.
      Apparently stones got scooped into the pipe when it was shoved under a crawlspace to get it in place.)
      Last edited by Robert Gift; 04-14-2011, 02:12 PM.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Gravel in the septic tank can come from a variety of sources. It could be a bad pipe. It could come from tank/baffle deterioration. It could come into the tank at the time of install. It could get into the tank when the lid is off for maintenance. It's pretty common to get debris in the older tanks. I still run into a lot of home made tanks. Some of them still have the form boards inside of them. The other common tanks to find rocks in are the old steel tanks that the original lid had caved in. They put a new lid on the tank but didn't get all the dirt and rocks out of it first.

Comment

Working...
        X