Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is My MicroReel Normal Or Broke...........???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My MicroReel Normal Or Broke...........???

This thing absolutely sucks in 4" cast. I can hardly see anything. I'm totally embarrassed to have the customer watch

Is there a problem with mine or is this as good as it gets ?

Click on image to play.

Last edited by AssTyme; 04-13-2011, 06:49 PM.

Re: Is My MicroReel Normal Or Broke...........???

Some still shots

Comment

If thats normal that's bad? Take it off my wish list! My cell phone with two really small lights can light up a room. No excuses for poor lighting on a $3,000 maybe more camera.
      My junky south coast equipment camera had better lighting!
      Hope there is something wrong with the lighting I really wanted one.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

You SURE that's 4"?

Looks like the results I get in 6"

Better detail if used WITHOUT the large ball. Otherwise the lighting gets washed out. Are you using it with micro or a monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          You SURE that's 4"?

Looks like the results I get in 6"

Better detail if used WITHOUT the large ball. Otherwise the lighting gets washed out. Are you using it with micro or a monitor?

Yes I'm 100% sure it's 4" cast. Using it with the MicroExplorer. I don't see much difference between the two ball guides.

Comment

That looks about right for 4" Cast...
            The Micro has some limiting issues due to it's size... The lens is so small that it is going to have some significant parallax and light gathering problems. Have you noticed how the design of the head allows the LEDs to actually bleed light directly into the camera lens which actually washes out the picture a bit.

I have been working on a centering ring that has built in LED lighting to help supplement / compliment the micro's or any cameras limited lighting capabilities , The lighting ring would move the lighting away from the lens thus preventing the bleedover and would be capable of delivering much more light with a better pattern that could actually be made adjustable to suit each camera heads optical characteristics ...
            ..(Josh if you would like info Call Me)

Comment

My Micro Drain is brighter than that. You got the lights all the way up? Of course I can only see near where the camera is not length.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                My Micro Drain is brighter than that. You got the lights all the way up? Of course I can only see near where the camera is not length.

It does seem like my MicroDrain lights are a bit brighter just looking at them outside of lines. Yes the lights are all the way up and I've also noticed that if you turn them down then back up again they are not as bright. You have to power down and back up again to get full brightness.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  That looks about right for 4" Cast...
                  The Micro has some limiting issues due to it's size... The lens is so small that it is going to have some significant parallax and light gathering problems. Have you noticed how the design of the head allows the LEDs to actually bleed light directly into the camera lens which actually washes out the picture a bit.

I have been working on a centering ring that has built in LED lighting to help supplement / compliment the micro's or any cameras limited lighting capabilities , The lighting ring would move the lighting away from the lens thus preventing the bleedover and would be capable of delivering much more light with a better pattern that could actually be made adjustable to suit each camera heads optical characteristics ...
                  ..(Josh if you would like info Call Me)

Wow..... that is totally unacceptable I had asked around on the forums before buying and heard only one complaint. Most everyone said it would be fine. I wonder if I can get my money back ?

It is pretty much useless to me as 95% of my mains are 4" cast. You can hardly tell what you are looking at..................

Comment

oh I don't use the micro explorer that much do you have another monitor to try?
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I would think since the micro explorer is the power source for the camera that a bigger monitor may have the power to light your camera up a bit more.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        I would think since the micro explorer is the power source for the camera that a bigger monitor may have the power to light your camera up a bit more.
                        I was thinking that also. But my cell phone with smaller lights and battery can light up a basement. Imo its poor lighting design and under strength bulbs. With the large amount of cast iron still in service ridgid should have known to made it brighter.
                        Even my crappy sce camera was brighter and way cheaper.

Brighter bulbs please ridgid. It a good camera design Just brighten it up.
                        Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

95% sure it's the battery output of the microexplorer.

if you have access to a normal monitor, try that first.

if you really think it sucks in cast iron, try abs pipe

also are you sure that the lens didn't get fogged or a thin layer of grease.

sure it's cold water and not hot water with misting/ steam vapor?

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            95% sure it's the battery output of the microexplorer.

if you have access to a normal monitor, try that first.

if you really think it sucks in cast iron, try abs pipe

also are you sure that the lens didn't get fogged or a thin layer of grease.

sure it's cold water and not hot water with misting/ steam vapor?

rick.
                            Rick, can the micro explorer be plugged into a wall outlet for more power or if the battery dies?
                            Rod

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              Wow..... that is totally unacceptable I had asked around on the forums before buying and heard only one complaint. Most everyone said it would be fine. I wonder if I can get my money back ?

It is pretty much useless to me as 95% of my mains are 4" cast. You can hardly tell what you are looking at..................
                              If you are dealing in Cast that much I would get a Mini reel.... The issue with the micro lighting CI has been discussed a few times that I remember... I know I have mentioned it before

(see the last post in the very first thread introducing the microreel )

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighting&page=3

Comment

Working...
                              X