Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-1500 Cable.....

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
    You know the 1500 isn't a light weight don't you? Think that thing weights 130+ lbs.

It's hard to believe it weighs that much. Those eel cables are no light weight either

Comment

I use Electric Eel cable, hence the name "Eel". You can order the adapter from Electric Eel, part # is SC-14A. thats what you need for the drill and eel.

Do you also need the coupling, SC-10 ?

Comment

I use Electric Eel cable, hence the name "Eel". You can order the adapter from Electric Eel, part # is SC-14A. thats what you need for the drill and eel.

Does it have the push pin connector like the ridgid cables do??
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

OLD1, Why don't you send me your nice & shiny 1500. You'll never use it cause the K-60 is the wonder machine and can do it all

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Do you also need the coupling, SC-10 ?
            Don't think so, have to look it up in my catalog to be sure though.

The Eel cable "snaps" together, then you unlock it with a spanner wrench. It's different than Ridgids.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

OLD1, Why don't you send me your nice & shiny 1500. You'll never use it cause the K-60 is the wonder machine and can do it all

Would but apparently you haven't read my latest thread on my k60 struggles..not good

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Would but apparently you haven't read my latest thread on my k60 struggles..not good

No I haven't. I'm headin' over to the K-60 forum

Comment

No I haven't. I'm headin' over to the K-60 forum

Damn you're like a shark with blood in the water

Comment

Does it have the push pin connector like the ridgid cables do??
                    www.electriceel.com

Nobody in their right mind would consider running Ridgid cables with a drill. 15' sections are too long. The electric eel 1.25" cables are 8' long (general makes a 10' long cable)

www.draincleaningforum.com

you will find a ton of info on the drill setup on this site.

The 1500 spins at over 700 RPM's. The 1500 can do things that an eel model C or drill setup can't and visa versa. The eel only spins at about 400 RPM's, less with the drill.

The 1500 has wheels too. Up and down stairs are a cinch, especially if you have the A frame model. Very easy to load/unload from a truck.

Comment

Damn you're like a shark with blood in the water

lmao !!!

Comment

The eel connections are better than ridgid connections! by far

OLD1....you never heard of electric eel?? If your a drain cleaner you know about electric eel.

General and eel make some of the best cables you can buy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                          The eel connections are better than ridgid connections! by far

OLD1....you never heard of electric eel?? If your a drain cleaner you know about electric eel.

General and eel make some of the best cables you can buy!
                          Sorry I only run ridgid cables and equipment ..Thats why I am asking .. I might be getting some general cables soon ..I keep hearing about the drill and eel set up and would like to set one up .. I need to get some sections of general cable .(general dealer not too far from me ).. So what it sounds like everybody is saying is if I want to run a drill set up get the shorter 10' sections of general cables and forget about the ridgid stuff I have cause' they are way too long to mess with and get an adapter for my ridgid cutters...

Comment

Sorry I only run ridgid cables and equipment ..Thats why I am asking .. I might be getting some general cables soon ..I keep hearing about the drill and eel set up and would like to set one up .. I need to get some sections of general cable .(general dealer not too far from me ).. So what it sounds like everybody is saying is if I want to run a drill set up get the shorter 10' sections of general cables and forget about the ridgid stuff I have cause' they are way too long to mess with and get an adapter for my ridgid cutters...

Yes. Rick uses the general G-connectors. The dudes out East use the standard eel connectors (general makes them too). Electric Eel makes the best cutters. Period. If you are going to invest in 1.25" IC cable, do yourself a favor and invest in a set of Eel cutters too!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                              Yes. Rick uses the general G-connectors. The dudes out East use the standard eel connectors (general makes them too). Electric Eel makes the best cutters. Period. If you are going to invest in 1.25" IC cable, do yourself a favor and invest in a set of Eel cutters too!

So basically my ridgid cables , cutters, etc. are useless if I am setting up a drill setup..or like I was saying can I get an adapter so I can atleast use all my ridgid cutters and get some eel cutters as well

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                                www.electriceel.com

Nobody in their right mind would consider running Ridgid cables with a drill. 15' sections are too long. The electric eel 1.25" cables are 8' long (general makes a 10' long cable)

www.draincleaningforum.com

you will find a ton of info on the drill setup on this site.

The 1500 spins at over 700 RPM's. The 1500 can do things that an eel model C or drill setup can't and visa versa. The eel only spins at about 400 RPM's, less with the drill.

The 1500 has wheels too. Up and down stairs are a cinch, especially if you have the A frame model. Very easy to load/unload from a truck.
                                The Model C spins at 500rpm.
                                Will Rogers Plumbing
                                Moore, Oklahoma
                                (
                                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
                                X