X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1500 Cable.....

Which cable are you guys running with your 1500, core or no core ? Why ?

Re: K-1500 Cable.....

I run the reg. wind and heavy wind, but not inner core. I have ordered the inner core for the k60 to help with heavy roots, hopefully it helps. I have not had a problem with the reg wind or heavy wind in the K1500. It seems to have the power to handle the roots without the inner core. I would hate to have to lift 60' of inner core cable. It is hard enough with the heavy duty wind. I am interested in, is the 3/4 hp and the 1 hp K 1500 much different. I am going to buy another 1500, and am debating about the 3/4 or 1 hp.

Comment

I am also interested in how good the regular 1500 cable is vs the heavy duty and the inner core. I needed the inner core on the K-60 but is it needed on an 1 1/4 cable? Is heavy duty recomended?

Comment

i run innercore 1.25 x 10' sections. use it on the 1500 and on the general 88/ eel style push machine. but where it shines is on my hand held timberwolf drill set up.

the 10' sections are easy to control with the drill and push cart machine. the innercore is when the 60 is not the choice. if the 1.25 with innercore can't get it. the us jetter will

i sedom fail

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i run innercore 1.25 x 10' sections. use it on the 1500 and on the general 88/ eel style push machine. but where it shines is on my hand held timberwolf drill set up.

the 10' sections are easy to control with the drill and push cart machine. the innercore is when the 60 is not the choice. if the 1.25 with innercore can't get it. the us jetter will

i sedom fail

rick.

The reason I'm asking is I'm still undecided between the drill and 1500 and which type of cable to get.........

My local drain cleaning friend runs a 1500 with 15' no core cable from DCD and it's kind of growing on me. It's his only main line machine. It's a PITA to setup and run but it gets the tough jobs done.

I can't believe the 1500 weighs 135lbs, is this correct ???

Comment

Asstyme,

What are you wanting to spend?
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              The reason I'm asking is I'm still undecided between the drill and 1500 and which type of cable to get.........

My local drain cleaning friend runs a 1500 with 15' no core cable from DCD and it's kind of growing on me. It's his only main line machine. It's a PITA to setup and run but it gets the tough jobs done.

I can't believe the 1500 weighs 135lbs, is this correct ???
              Drill... Drill... Drill 1500
              With Eel 8 foot sections Depending on your service area 8 foot sections seem to be the perfect fit in my area. Think Gene runs 10 foot Generals.
              Either Eel or General 1.25 cables are both tuff get a couple of 4 foot sections 2 will be plenty. 17 years of running the drill and it eel I'm still impressed with what it clears and how easy it is to get in and out of jobs with.
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Use the C-14 for heavy roots or long straight runs of 6". (the DCD cables is a copy of the C-14) which is heavy duty with 1/2" pitch between coils.

The C-11 (3/8" pitch between coils) is a good all around cable for 4"-6".

The eel cable and general cable are the only IC cables that can be used with the 1500 to the best of my knowledge. They are primarily designed for direct drive machines like the model C or General Model 88/82. The smaller cable length makes them ideal for the drill setup. But unless you feel the sewer "force" deep within you, carefully consider whether the drill setup is for you. It's not ideal in finished basements IMO.

Some of my customers would throw a fit if they saw me with that much cable exposed.

That being said, I have some customers where the drill setup would be useful.

If and when my c-14 and c-11 cables ever wear out, I am conisdering replacing them with 8' eel cables so that I could still run them in my KM-1500, Rothenberger R750 or with my Hole Hawg.

Since the eel cables are 8' sections, 2 coupled together is only 1' longer than a Ridgid cables and thus are very convenient for the guide tube.

The 1500 is a beast especially when used with C-14 cables.

I would ask that those Drill/Eel Jedi who have not used the 1500 reserve their judgment until they have had to rod a 220' 6" clay line that is 90 years old from an outside cleanout (catch basin outlet, When I say catch basin I mean an old school catch basin that basically serves as a grease trap YUMMY!, nothing like kitchen grease and poo together at the same time!)

Comment

Asstyme...your a drum guy! Why are you inquiring about sectionals? What the drums not tough enough for nasty root filled lines? Just playing with ya.

i run the k-1500 with the eel inncore cables. i use the inncore cables just because i use them with the model c, the drill, and the k-1500. I had regular open wound ridgid cables, they work well, but the inncore is soooo much better.

Comment

Why not get at 2001 or 1065? Of course the Drill and Eel set up would only cost you around 1000-1400 bucks and get you over 200'.
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                      Asstyme,

What are you wanting to spend?

It doesn't really matter as long as it gets the job done, I'm happy with it and I know I made the best choice.

Comment

Why not get at 2001 or 1065? Of course the Drill and Eel set up would only cost you around 1000-1400 bucks and get you over 200'.

The large drum machines are very powerful but too heavy for my liking.

Comment

You know the 1500 isn't a light weight don't you? Think that thing weights 130+ lbs. Get you the Drill and Eel and never look back. Can't really see the 1500 doing anything the drill and eel couldn't do too. Or better yet get the Model C
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

Comment

You know the 1500 isn't a light weight don't you? Think that thing weights 130+ lbs. Get you the Drill and Eel and never look back. Can't really see the 1500 doing anything the drill and eel couldn't do too. Or better yet get the Model C

I have a 60 and 1500 . I run all open wind cables..I also have a timberwolf drill ..Now when you guys say eel is that a brand of cable??? I know people are using general cable as well..Do they have the same connectors as the ridgid cables? Also where can I get a drill adapter that will run the cables ? And finally do they make the adapter for 7/8" cables or is the drill too powerful for the 7/8" cables
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                              I have a 60 and 1500 . I run all open wind cables..I also have a timberwolf drill ..Now when you guys say eel is that a brand of cable??? I know people are using general cable as well..Do they have the same connectors as the ridgid cables? Also where can I get a drill adapter that will run the cables ? And finally do they make the adapter for 7/8" cables or is the drill too powerful for the 7/8" cables
                              I use Electric Eel cable, hence the name "Eel". You can order the adapter from Electric Eel, part # is SC-14A. thats what you need for the drill and eel.
                              Will Rogers Plumbing
                              Moore, Oklahoma
                              (
                              405) 323-2852

Comment

Working...
                              X