X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator

How many of you guys use a generator to power your drain cleaning machines?

TheMaster posted this link to the Honda site that rates industrial motors and their power demands.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/p...e&section=P2GG

What size generator do you think I need to power my KM-1500? It seems like I need a minimum of 2600 watts to start. Is that right?

thanks for any input.

-Chris

Re: Generator

I use Honda inverter generators and have had no issues. I use the EU2000i to power 1065's with no problem.

We also have a EU6500is to power our 30ft. lining trailer. Inside we run a vacuum pump, 1/2" mixing drill, all lights, large chest freezer, ac/heat unit as well as any other misc. tools and equipment needed. They start every time and are sooooo quiet!

I will never own a loud generator again!
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I have ran the K-500 and 1500 on my inverter in my truck with out any issues.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I have ran the K-500 and 1500 on my inverter in my truck with out any issues.
        You have a 2000 watt invertor right Ron?

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
        I use Honda inverter generators and have had no issues. I use the EU2000i to power 1065's with no problem.

We also have a EU6500is to power our 30ft. lining trailer. Inside we run a vacuum pump, 1/2" mixing drill, all lights, large chest freezer, ac/heat unit as well as any other misc. tools and equipment needed. They start every time and are sooooo quiet!

I will never own a loud generator again!

Thanks for the tip. I think the capacitor motor on the 1500 draws more power than the Spartan .4 hp permanent magnet.

I will be in the market for a Honda then. Thanks dudes

Comment

i keep two generators on the van

small one is 800w this one powers one power tool, such as hole hawg, sawzall, disk grinder, also powers the k-60 and the k7500

large one is 3000w
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jhplumbing; 04-17-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
            i keep two generators on the van

small one is 800w this one powers one power tool, such as hole hawg, sawzall, disk grinder, also powers the k-60 and the k7500

large one is 3000w
            Really, 800 watts seems to be very close to the minimum amount to run the K-7500 or the K-60? Have to stressed the machines on the inverter? Man what brand is it, I gotta get me one of those then....
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The 1st initial start up of the machine is stressful on the generator, after that it works

Comment

Anyone ever use the Generac or HD Honeywell 2000 watt models?

http://www.toolup.com/generac_ix2000...LAID=771426378

Seems to be 1/2 the price, but quality?

I know, I know, Honda is the best.....It's the cheap Bohemian in me!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  Anyone ever use the Generac or HD Honeywell 2000 watt models?

http://www.toolup.com/generac_ix2000...LAID=771426378

Seems to be 1/2 the price, but quality?

I know, I know, Honda is the best.....It's the cheap Bohemian in me!
                  The only drawbacks I have heard of with the Generac is the noise (it is almost twice as loud) and the older models had an issue where you would break the choke handle off of the carb when you opened a service panel (the choke handle sticks out through the panel). I have a generac 8000E while it is noisy it also ran for 250 hours straight in sub zero temperatures to power my house after an ice storm last year.

Comment

For the price of 2 of those, you can buy 1 honda eu2000i generator. Not worth it imo. check your pm
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, at the swapmeet with my buddy rubin, he has some nice quiet 2000 watt inverter generators that are $400. i would do the generator for your van and not a power invertor since you have the space. plus it's useful for around the house too.

let me know a sunday and we'll meet you there

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X