X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog oil change.

After how many hours do you change the oil? My first one lasted a year. Is there a sign, spinning too fast.

Re: Warthog oil change.

Yes spinning to fast is when you change it. Stonage might be able to tell you the recommended hours to change it. I squirt new oil in every 3 months when I am servicing our tools.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda which do you prefer warthog or root ranger?

Comment

I like the warthog nozzles best because of there shape, I never get stuck with them. So if I have never jetted the line I feel more comfortable using the warthogs. If While doing the line I run into some large thick roots instead of doing multiple passes I will slip the Root Ranger on to anilate the roots. So I use them both but the warthogs the most.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I believe the literature I have from stone age says 10 hrs of use. That is for the 3/8"; that's the only size I have. I generally oil mine once a week or so.

I find they are succeptable to debris in the water getting on the face of the hp seal. Then the water blows the oil out of them in a hurry. If you oil it because it's spinning too fast, and it works for half a job then takes off again, you've got a seal problem. Disassembling and cleaning is usually enough to fix that for me, but I keep replacement hp seals and seats at the shop. Bearings usually last a long time unless they get run a lot w/o oil spinning too fast (spalls them) or get let sit with water in them instead of oil from a seal problem.

I often run off domestic hot for ice or for grease, or just on bitter cold days to keep the machine and hose from freezing up. I think hot blows the oil out quicker. Certainly it spins faster with the oil warmed up from running hot water.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'm thinking about a field trip to AJ Coleman. Marvin do you have the hp seals and oil in stock. 3/8"

Comment

The oil comes in different viscosities. I find the heaviest/slowest the most useful.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Dane, Marvin is out on vacation, but we do have the service and overhaul kits for these nozzles in stock. Stop by and we will square ya away! Thanks!

Comment

Road Trip. Only two hours to AJ Coleman. Used my older Warthod that was rebuild. WOW. Super happy with the service thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X