X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Flooded?

Went on a call tonight ..sewer backup .Was there about 6 weeks ago for a whole house stoppage ..He said the tank was just pumped out 2 months ago..I did relieve the stoppage the last time I was there ..Not tonight ..I pulled the lid and could not see the line coming into the tank..Told him to have it pumped out again and find out what's going on..Could the tank be taking on ground water ??Maybe the drain field is done ?? Who knows ??? I tell you what though that lid was heavy .Iwouldn't want to have to pull those every day...The guys going to call me tomorrow after the tank is pumped out and let me know what they found..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Tank Flooded?

Locate the distribution box with camera and locator,then check percolation of each leach line.

Comment

The lids get heavyer as i get older. Sounds as if there is a clog at the end of the tank or the drain feilds are not working. Dirty hands is on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Locate the distribution box with camera and locator,then check percolation of each leach line.

Septic co. will be out there (hopefully) today..They can deal with it. Don't have the camera / locate equipment ..I snaked the sewer from his roof about 6 -7 weeks ago after working all day on a Sat. (friend of a friend) .We were working together and he gets the call but doesn't do snaking..Told him I'll go but you're going to help me ..So we went there and I snaked from the 3" stack vent on the roof ((pretty walkable)...I charged the guy $200 and thought he was going to have a heart attack right there..Told him if it were anyone else it would have been double esp. on a Sat. eve. Because my buddy went with me and helped I split it with him..So made a whopping $100 for that fiasco..When I got the call again last night I was def. haunted..My buddy who's friend it is was golfing and couldn't be bothered..So I went there by myself to check it out ..dug the lid up and couldn't see the inlet piping ..Told him sorry call your septic co.
        I did get a thanks and a hand shake ..thats it..He didn't even offer to pay me gas money for coming out ...I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Septic co. will be out there (hopefully) today..They can deal with it. Don't have the camera / locate equipment ..I snaked the sewer from his roof about 6 -7 weeks ago after working all day on a Sat. (friend of a friend) .We were working together and he gets the call but doesn't do snaking..Told him I'll go but you're going to help me ..So we went there and I snaked from the 3" stack vent on the roof ((pretty walkable)...I charged the guy $200 and thought he was going to have a heart attack right there..Told him if it were anyone else it would have been double esp. on a Sat. eve. Because my buddy went with me and helped I split it with him..So made a whopping $100 for that fiasco..When I got the call again last night I was def. haunted..My buddy who's friend it is was golfing and couldn't be bothered..So I went there by myself to check it out ..dug the lid up and couldn't see the inlet piping ..Told him sorry call your septic co.
          I did get a thanks and a hand shake ..thats it..He didn't even offer to pay me gas money for coming out ...I'm done
          He needs a cleanout at the tanks inlet and one at the outlet before the D-box.....if he even has a D-box.

Comment

Maybe a new tank and drain field too

Comment

Charge the customer next time you do work because they have a system thats not up to par....like digging up his tank lids when c.o. could have told you the same if they were present.

Comment

For future reference, it could be the line from the tank to the distribution box is plugged. If it is cast iron, it's likely that it's plugged.

The next step, after discovering that the tank is overfull is to find the d box and lift the lid. If it isn't full then you will likely see and nasty ooze coming from the transfer line from the tank. Snake it or jet it back to the tank and you should be good to go.

If the box is full of sludge, then you can jet the drainfield. You will need a pumper or a way to pump out the sludge you pull back from the drainfield.

If the box is full of water, you can try to pump it out and jet and see what happens. First I would locate the drainfield lines, dig over the drain line and see where the water level is, then dig in between two lines and compare your results.

If the water level is the same you have a ground water issue. If it's higher over the drainfield then the drainfield is likely it's toast.

Sometimes you can even jet the ones that are full of water and get them to work though. There are also products to oxidize the soil which is supposed to break up the bio-mat that plugs the soil. I've never used them but I've heard that they work. It's a last ditch effort before replacing the system.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Thanks, I did give him a courtesy call yesterday at lunch time..He was still waiting on someone to respond. Told him to call me back and let me know what was found ..So far no call

Comment

Thank you's dont buy no Whiskey or diesel for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X