Pollution ryder/binder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution ryder/binder

I'm shopping for insurance right now and I'm being told I need a Pollution Ryder/binder.

I've had to other policies one was a Plumbing Policy the other was Contractor policy and neither of those had any type of "pollution" ryder.

Ins agent says under those policies had I caused a sewer spill I would not have been covered without the pollution ryder.

Does anyone here that does drain cleaning have anything remotely close to a pollution ryder on their policy?

If you don't have any comments to add, please give a quick yes/no so I can tell this guy I've spoke to 25 guys that do drain cleaning across the country and non of them have a clue what your talking about.

Is he trying to get a few more bucks out of me, or is he making sure I'm fully covered????? I'm beginning to wonder.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Pollution ryder/binder

I don't have that but I never vacuum sewage.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

News to me

Comment

No. My insurance never brought it up
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Negative...even asked about today...nope
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

geno

google "contractors pollution liability". breid..............

Comment

The way the guy explained it to me was it has nothing to do with the big truck.... EX: while snaking a residential line, I do something to cause a town main to back up. 1000gal of Sewerage comes out of a SMH and into a wet land or into someones basement.

Without the Pollution coverage I would not see a cent.

I wouldn't think I would need specific coverage for each and every event that may come up in the normal scope of work. I'd think that would just fall under the regular GL.

I don't have anything in my policy specifically stating if I ruin someones carpet, I will be covered, So should I have a "carpet binder" as well?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                The way the guy explained it to me was it has nothing to do with the big truck.... EX: while snaking a residential line, I do something to cause a town main to back up.
                Realistically, how can that happen?
                Like you say, that's what GL is for.
                He's scammin' ya.

Comment

We clean some fast food lines that have backed up the city service after jetting.The generator of the waste i.e. the custmer is the hook. You didnt block the pipe up.

We are covered for a spill. I dont think its call a pollution ryder.

Comment

No

Comment

How is it that you're going to cause a sewage spill? I would switch insurers
                      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

gene, they use words that make you think, yet they don't define the words.

prime example. no excavation. they will not define the word as it pertains to digging a ditch.

another one is no exterior work above 3 stories.

so basically does that mean i could flood an interior room on the 30th. floor and i'm covered and not covered if i flood the roof on a 4 story building.

no one wants to go on record to clarify the wording.

the best i got is this is general terms and applies to window installers and painters. not plumbers during their normal scope of work.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick you have done it again. Always have the right words.
                          With all of the events going on around the world how are these pieces of trash going to make a profit. Ask them to take a pay cut or actually tell you the truth which would be even better.
                          Over here there is a push for straight forward terminology to be used in all policies. Only one resisting are the Insurance Companies. So this leads to another amazing truth. As you might all be aware we had many parts of the East coast flood a couple of months ago. These gutter crawlers have put out the call to retired insurance assessors to come back and help with the claims. Sorry, not to help settle but help to get out of paying. Gene this type of Insurance is total BS. Do you have a water board or similar which does mainlines. Do they have all of the Insuraces we have to carry. Do they even have the qualifications we have. Over here the Water Boards too are an entity to themselves. They still have levels of corruptness operating within and nobody can stop them. They compete to run us out of business at every opportunity and replace us with very low paid labourers. So getting back to it, what does you public liability insurance actually cover you for.
                          Let them try to sue you, we will have a whip around and help to get you a good brief to stick it right back up them. Also go to the papers/media and tell them that you are trippling your prices and the consumers are going to have to pay and to take it up with whoever proposed this scam insurance policy.

Comment

Working...
                          X