• Show
Clear All

Re: Double barrel root ranger

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
    Thanks cuda very useful

so rick is not a genius, he uses this chart. LOL
    i didn't invet the numbers

i just quoted the numbers

but remember, that the number size is based on 4000# to equal the gpm.

so a #4 nozzle will flow 4 gpm at 4000psi. at 3700 psi it will flow less gpm.

the best test is a pressure test at the end of the hose with a tee and ball valve with a gauge on the tee to measure the back pressure. so it's high pressure hose, tee with gauge on the branch and then the valve with a short jumper hose into a bucket to catch the water.

use the jetter hose you would normally use to 3/8'' x 150' for example, tee with gauge, then the shut off valve and a short jumper hose into a suitable bucket to capture the water.

once you have the machine up to speed and flowing full open on the valve, throttle the valve close to raise the psi to it's max. slowly open to drop pressure and then close to raise it. you're looking for the max pressure and max flow. once it's all dialed in, then start the clock and direct the flow into the bucket. measure for 30 seconds and multiply x 2 or 60 seconds and measure the water.

those numbers will be your actual flow and pressure. that's the nozzle you then size for

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick made me go check my standard root ranger its stamped 045. hahahah now i know what it means. Thanks Guys!

Comment

030 is the smallest you can buy so when we set up the DBRR we tested it and found it worked OK with a 3/16" hose but better through a 1/4" hose. A perfectly tuned nozzle is found by 'test and measure'. We run 4300 and 5000psi jetters with 200'-400' on the main feed hose and 200' on the mini reel.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I tested out the Double and single barrel root ranger vs a broom stick on the new 5.5gpm @ 3500 psi jetter. The broom stick did not have a chance!

The single barrel cuts a deeper groove, FAST.

The double barrel cuts a much wider grove, FAST

I know they will cut the brrom stick in half, but its almost impossible to hold the stick against the fan.

They both spray over the top of my cube van that is 13ft off the ground. Very impressive nozzles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jhplumbi.../1/kpwATUcX04Y
          Double barrel

http://www.youtube.com/user/jhplumbi.../0/nbk_avZCUSE
          Single barrel

Name:  d782999b79916c23de6f6cb22dcc0b64.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  427.9 KB

Comment

you should see what the 1/2'' rr does to a 1'' dowel in a 6'' pipe with a trailer jetter. i have the stills on my other computer. all i can say is gone is 3 seconds on idle

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Holy crap ! I gotta get one of those bad boys..
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

here is the link to the root ranger testing i did a couple years back. lots of good photos and write ups.

i've been praising the root ranger ever since my first encounter back at roundup #1.

the rest is history. the root ranger packs the most bang for the buck. it will eat a warthog for lunch and keep on going.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=root+ranger

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X