X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relining company referral in the OC

Orange County,California. Anyone use a good company you'd send to your mom's house

MIGHT have need of one soon for a customer, just want to get a name ahead of time. I have several cards from the plumbing trade shows just no personal experience.

Thanks , wookie

Re: Relining company referral in the OC

Originally posted by wookie View Post
    Orange County,California. Anyone use a good company you'd send to your mom's house

MIGHT have need of one soon for a customer, just want to get a name ahead of time. I have several cards from the plumbing trade shows just no personal experience.

Thanks , wookie
    Even if Rick got a little extra for traveling he would probably still be cheaper and you could help him. Send him some drawings and more photos than he could possibly need and you invoice the job. Rick won't try to steal your customer and the job gets done right.

Mark

BTW: I think Rick needs to start renting and/or leasing some of his excess equipment. Let me know what you guys are interested in and I will make it happen. All monies will go to Phoebe's college fund.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'd like to rent that new 1500 that's all painted up all pertty
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Even if Rick got a little extra for traveling he would probably still be cheaper and you could help him. Send him some drawings and more photos than he could possibly need and you invoice the job. Rick won't try to steal your customer and the job gets done right.

Mark

BTW: I think Rick needs to start renting and/or leasing some of his excess equipment. Let me know what you guys are interested in and I will make it happen. All monies will go to Phoebe's college fund.
        I know Rick has a puller.
        Did he sneak out on us and "Ahem...Aquire...A liner settup"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I know Rick has a puller.
          Did he sneak out on us and "Ahem...Aquire...A liner settup"
          If he doesn't already own it, he will buy it.

Mark

Comment

Can't just go out and buy a liner from any of the big names. You buy the equipment then attend training at their location, then they come to your first job to certify you. Cost for the training is around $5k.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post

Thanks , wookie
              The best product that has me really interested in lining is a company called LMK in Il. If you looked them up online they could give you the number of somebody in your area. And if they have passed there strict training the odds are in your favor that the job will be nice. Another option would be to call perma-liner and get the same info from them on a certified installer. The ones to avoid seem to be the homemade lateral liners who are just using any old resin to do the job that they buy at the boat place. A bad liner job can be many things like the liner stretches and goes into the city sewer at the tap and you have to pay the city to cut it, or lots of wrinkles in the liner or not enough epoxy is used or wetted out right and the liner folds in. I have seen a few terrible liner jobs with my seesnake.
              here is the website for LMK http://www.performanceliner.com/
              Last edited by Cuda; 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                Can't just go out and buy a liner from any of the big names. You buy the equipment then attend training at their location, then they come to your first job to certify you. Cost for the training is around $5k.
                You don't really think a little thing like money or a little schooling would discourage Rick if he really wanted it do you?

Mark

Comment

thanks for the referral mark but i don't own a lining system. only a pipe burster.

a number of years ago i put a deposit on a lining system at the nashville show. thought about it for a number of months and reconsidered, got my deposit back.

honestly a pipe bursting job is a better job. the pipe is bullet proof and nothing is impeding the flow like you get from a liner.

problem is it requires to access points and is more labor intensive. good part is the material is much less costly than lining per foot.

what is he scope of the work wookie

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    thanks for the referral mark but i don't own a lining system. only a pipe burster.

a number of years ago i put a deposit on a lining system at the nashville show. thought about it for a number of months and reconsidered, got my deposit back.

honestly a pipe bursting job is a better job. the pipe is bullet proof and nothing is impeding the flow like you get from a liner.

problem is it requires to access points and is more labor intensive. good part is the material is much less costly than lining per foot.

what is he scope of the work wookie

rick.
                    Long, jacked up story, waiting for call to run my camera we'll see. I've done work for them in the past.

Thanks

wookie

Comment

Working...
                    X