phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Root ranger question

http://www.the-power-washer-advisor....r_nozzles.html

is it?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

you're correct. i didn't bother looking at the chart.

4.5 nozzle = .055 orifice drill size.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Very usefull information

So this means the ridgid root ranger with an 055 is rated at 4.21 gpm @ 3600 psi? is that undersized for a machine that is 5.5 gpm @ 3500psi?

Comment

Once you allow for pressure drop etc. the 55 thousands of an inch with be fine. I wish you guys talked metric! http://www.metric4us.com/whynot.html
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
              Once you allow for pressure drop etc. the 55 thousands of an inch with be fine. I wish you guys talked metric! http://www.metric4us.com/whynot.html
              bill you're correct i do prefer the metric system as the math is basically 10's

the issue is that we were forced to learn it back in the late 70's and other than needing both the sae and metric wrenches for our cars, we don't get exposed to it much. medicine and prescriptions are metric and can be confusing with dosage. cc's and ml are equal.

the other issue is our standard construction framing material is a 2 x 4. which is now 1.5'' x 3.5''. 4' x 8' plywood sheeting.

what is your standard? is there an equivalent out there that will allow you to mix and match during a remodel? or is it like the old days with real 2'' x 4'' studs?

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

so the new machine is here, 18hp 5.5gpm @ 3500psi. I tested out the old root ranger 045 on it and also the new ridgid root ranger 055.

The old one (045) looks great when in use, but the ridgid one looks much better! fan spray seems a tad wider and stronger! even my wife who knows nothing about any of this agreed the ridgid (055) looks like it has a bit more power.
                Attached Files

Comment

nice shiny new jetter

is the battery box mounted to the cart? or is it a separate detached box. if it's separate, i would try mounting it for portability or forgot it and use the pull starter.

as far as the external gas tank. that will get old having it unattached from the unit. trying to move and roll the machine and tank is a drag. what about a smaller tank mounted between the handles? or have a welder fab an aluminum tank there. it's nice to have a large tank, but it's a drag to cart along and keep the hoses from getting pulled. the only advantage i see is the weight factor by separating them and the ability to fill up the tank without taking the jetter there.

are you able to load the machine onto the truck with a ramp, crane arm, or dead lift? weight might not be a factor.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

The battery is fixed to the cart. Weight is not an option beacuse i always have a helper, and plus the cube van has a ramp. Im looking into new ideas for the gas can.

Comment

what is your standard? is there an equivalent out there that will allow you to mix and match during a remodel? or is it like the old days with real 2'' x 4'' studs?

rick.[/QUOTE]

We still call a length of 100x50mm a four-be-two!

Generation Y will be using plastic studs soon......
                      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X