X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Cable Counters.......

For those that have them how often are you using the footage information ? Just eye candy ?

Re: Camera Cable Counters.......

My customers like seeing the footage played out on the screen but for real practical purposes it's just not that accurate.

It's convient for general layout of the underground plumbing but give me a transmitter and locator any day over a counter.

Comment

the engineers put some real math trig into the count plus and i have to say, it's probably within 2% accuracy. i use to just use colored tape and read the numbers aloud. but now the numbers are so accurate, i let the counter on screen do it for me.

i only use the date and time for an intro and at the end of the tape so as to not block the view. but the footage i use 100% of the time

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

It's nice to have a footage to know where to "Work" a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          My customers like seeing the footage played out on the screen but for real practical purposes it's just not that accurate.

It's convient for general layout of the underground plumbing but give me a transmitter and locator any day over a counter.
          Same. Give me transmitter and locator instead.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Same. Give me transmitter and locator instead.

J.C.
            With the camera
            I know..I know

Comment

Use them the footage counter all the time.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Very important to me for several things, not so much for locates; for that I agree use a locator.

Agree also it is useful for knowing where to put your nozzle/cutter if you want to work an area.

I use it a lot for setting up pm jetting; I cam to know the distance I need to go from a given access to accomplish what I need to; know where the belly is, the junction with the main or the next line, etc. Then I make a cheat sheet for maintenances showing acesses, distances, where to hook on water, who to bill and how much, the contact name and #, etc so another tech who's not been there before (or me if it's been a while) has enough to walk in cold and still do a decent job on a pm cleaning.

Also love it on recordings; the lines don't change much unless they get dug up, so it is good info on archives for if I'm called back to something later for a backup or for pm.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                X