Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K60 what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    if that's how you feel, then you need to take lessons from a k-60 user with experience.

I think he should watch one in action It isn't like a drum.

Hey Rick I was standing outside the plumbing supply house today telling a guy why he should buy a K60. I am a realist. K60's work great but you will hear the good and the bad from me it is only a piece of plumbing equipment I don't care about hurting a K60's feelings.
    Last edited by saysflushable; 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
      I have had the k60 for about a year now and I still havent had good luck with it. Did a root job yesterday from a basement clean out major root wad at 68' worked it over 5-6 times and only cleared about 40% of it. Went back today with the k7500 and destroyed the roots in one pass. I am still not sold on the k60. After hearing all the good things here im guessing its something i'm doing. Any tips or look for it to be up for sale here soon.
      You couldn't give me a k60....too much hand work with the cable and stopping to add cable. I think the K7500 is a better all around machine for cleaning mains.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        You couldn't give me a k60....too much hand work with the cable and stopping to add cable. I think the K7500 is a better all around machine for cleaning mains.
        Where do you plan on putting a 7500.I've seen your rig.It won't fit..Maybe...If you get rid of the three inch PVC DWV fittings

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Where do you plan on putting a 7500.I've seen your rig.It won't fit..Maybe...If you get rid of the three inch PVC DWV fittings

It make-a me laugh. It make-a me laugh...

J.C.

Comment

Where do you plan on putting a 7500.I've seen your rig.Maybe it will fit...If you get rid of the three inch PVC DWV fittings
            Hey I like my rig without a sewer machine all the time. Nothing worse than wasting time with a machine that "might" work when you have a big boy type machine that will do the job more times than not. I really dont carry any 3" dwv fittings....just a coupling and a couple cleanouts. I put things on the truck and off the truck on a daily basis,I make a list of what I want done and leave in on my apprentices seat in the van. He stocks the truck and cleans it everyday and somtimes twice a day. He does what I tell him to do without question......which is almost priceless when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Hey I like my rig without a sewer machine all the time. Nothing worse than wasting time with a machine that "might" work when you have a big boy type machine that will do the job more times than not. I really dont carry any 3" dwv fittings....just a coupling and a couple cleanouts. I put things on the truck and off the truck on a daily basis,I make a list of what I want done and leave in on my apprentices seat in the van. He stocks the truck and cleans it everyday and somtimes twice a day. He does what I tell him to do without question......which is almost priceless when you think about it.
              There's no need to esplain.
              I was teasing you...Well.. More like poking the monkey.
              Did you have a good day?

Comment

There's no need to esplain.
                I was teasing you...Well.. More like poking the monkey.
                Did you have a good day?
                Yes I had a great day. Started out replacing a waste/overflow and p-trap. Break the slab and replace it all. Then I cleaned a couple K-sink drains from the roof. Those two k-sink calls were about one mile apart. Nice. Then I went to install a burner assembly in a whirlpool water heater and vaccum it.

Comment

K 60 and drum are two complete different animals. Drum you rip' em out. K60 is like jigging for Cod

Attachment
                  Attached Files
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                    K60 is like jigging for Cod

Attachment

I would think that cod are a bit large for the K-60, maybe crappie
                    Attached Files

Comment

Roflmao
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        the k-60 with the spiral root saw is the cutter of choice. forward will cut like a hole saw and running in reverse will act as an auger hook. there is no better agressive root cutter than a spiral root saw.

now i know if you want to sell it, there will be a bidding war. and i don't like second

the proper cutters are the key to success.

rick.
                        Rick, don't you have enough toys?
                        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                        X