X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught RR in the act again!

Hi, guys, finally back after a major rush of work and a broken computer.

Anyway, we got called to go bid a sewer replacement. Property manager says HO had RR out to clear the line a month ago and they got it to drain but then it backed up again the next day. He camera'd the line and told them they had a totally collapsed sewer at around 80 feet.

We go poke around but of course we can't tell anything from above ground. HO is broke and squalling about the bill even before I give her an estimate. So anyway she mentions that RR had given her a DVD. I said let's go watch it and see what it tells us. We go in and she loads the DVD into her very large flat screen, and the action starts. As he pushes the camera in I'm watching and the pipe looks to be perfectly round with tight joints. About 74' he sees a few teeny little roots coming in at a joint, and then the camera starts coming past a little toilet paper and then at 80' he comes to what appears to be a toilet paper blockage. He pushes til the screen turns white cause he's in toilet paper and stops. The camera never wiggled, squirmed, or gave any indication that he tried to push past the TP, and the pipe still looked good. I looked at the property manager and the HO and said,"All this video shows me is that the line is clogged with toilet paper. You knew that before you called him. I'm not saying there's not a problem on the other side of that blockage, but until I see the problem I'm not gonna give you an estimate. I suggest you call RR back and tell him to finish his job, either get the line to drain and do another video showing a broken line or give the line a thorough cleaning and show me a video that proves it's clean."

The property manager agreed, and said that video is BS, it shows nothing. That's when it came out that it was 6 days after it backed up the second time when they had him out, and he camera'd the clogged line without ever even attempting to clean it.

I told her to call me back if and when she was sure the line was broken. I haven't heard anything since, so I assume she's making life miserable for the RR tech.

My opinion was he just poked a hole big enough to drain the line the first time, and then when it backed up again he was trying to sell a dig even if it wasn't needed.

Re: Caught RR in the act again!

most of the time when i hear this, there is no video to show others. what it sounds like is they tried to pull a fast one and the lack of real proof from their own video is what hung them.

rick.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-04-2011, 12:29 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Cough it up Utah.
      What did P-Ricky do now

Comment

He shows the word "lack" twice for some reason. I re-edited for him and I see one "lack" he still sees two.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i just looked over a few other post and i see one with cuda that's a double word. end of the tab and start of the tab.

i'll go back and double check it.

you can't blame me for lacking.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i just looked over a few other post and i see one with cuda that's a double word. end of the tab and start of the tab.

i'll go back and double check it.

you can't blame me for lacking.

rick.
            Mommy,Mommy Looky Look Look

Comment

I'm extremely jealous of you guys that have camera's.

It's on the list though.

Comment

Do me a favor and check all of the post since the change.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  I'm extremely jealous of you guys that have camera's.

It's on the list though.
                  I'm with you. I was so close too. The property won out. Maybe in four years when it's paid off.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I think the problem with RR and other big companies is that going out and doing honest work and not ripping people off just doesn't bring in enough money to cover their overhead AND put money in their pockets so they need to make up BS about collapsed drains and sell digs.

It really angers me to hear about people who get ripped off by bigger companies. It's bad enough when they overcharge for something, and it's something completely different when they overcharge for something that the customer doesn't even need.
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

when you think about it, the pipes are underground and the homeowner does not have a clue the condition of it, even with a video the plumber still has the knowledge to twist any situation.

kinda like a car mechanic, when you find a good one that you can trust, keep him.

Comment

I think it has to do with their pay structure;

Their techs are subcontractors, not employees. They get paid on comission, and the only way to make it pay is to gouge. Then any time they get caught out RR just says it was one bad apple tech, not them; they are squeaky clean and regret the incident oh so much, when their structure basically ensures that it happens.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X