X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gas company sends out warning to drain cleaning companies

We don't have gas service up here Oil or propane all above ground no under ground utilities guess were safe for another 100 years or so.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      We don't have gas service up here Oil or propane all above ground no under ground utilities guess were safe for another 100 years or so.
      I lived in Mass.for 38 years. Know all about the old leaker buried Home fuel tanks. Dont be too snoooty!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

[QUOTE=UnClogNH;345704]Good point Cuda not all hacks can afford a jetter or camera![/QUO

A lot of hacks can..And a lot of legit guys don't have a camera or jetter. Good point ????
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
          So the gas company considers their practice of "swiss-cheesing" sewer lines perfectly acceptable then?

Now that's a good point ..They have fuc* ed more shi* up over the years and gotten away with it more than most utilities and that's ok...Bull shi*..sorry I have to rant
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            Another reason to adapt different drain cleaning practices, instead of starting with a root saw or a big c-cutter, a smaller 4 blade is ran thru the line as a probe and to get the line flowing, then a camera is sent down to see what the problem is, if no gas or hi speed cable is found the operater may use a larger blade for the final clean. This of course makes the tech have to charge a little more to the customer but safety has been maintained and the procedure will stand up in court. A jetter would be another option. This all means not just any hack can clean drains because of the extra equipment needed.
            Sure, the single Mom should pick up Your camera fee because the Gas Co. Might have swissed cheesed Her line !
            NICE !!!!!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

STOP THE PRESSES.

got a call today from a 3rd party conducting a survey concerning the letter the gas company sent out. they even recorded our conversation.

i went on the attack. even gave them my direct number to have the big wigs call me from the gas company.

told them it's not our responsibility to start looking for their mistakes. they should be able to pull up a data base of every gas line they pulled in by trenchless methods. at that point they notify the customers and arrange a free video inspection of their line to rule out any problems.

lets see if they bother calling me. i also gave them this link to the forum and told them about all the other plumbers here and overseas that are chiming in.

put it back into their laps and not mine.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X