liking my K-50 the more I use it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: liking my K-50 the more I use it

I use a 5/16 cable for K-sink drains and it needs to be 50' long. What ridgid machine does that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      I use a 5/16 cable for K-sink drains and it needs to be 50' long. What ridgid machine does that?
      If I come across a situation where I need 50' of cable out comes the 5/8" sections ..What kind of a job can a 5/16" cable really do at that kind of footage?
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        a jetter, camera and k-39/45 will cover your needs.

don't forget a good plunger. it sees more action than my closet auger and has a 98% success rate.

rick.

Agree , Idon't really want a drill snake though... camera yes ..I jsut bought a General closet auger.Paid for itself the first use..
        The plunger is a no brainer..Fortunately there aren't enough homeowners that even know how to properly use a plunger..Or they have some little candy as* thing that should be in the toy section at walmart..
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          If I come across a situation where I need 50' of cable out comes the 5/8" sections ..What kind of a job can a 5/16" cable really do at that kind of footage?
          especially on a kitchen sink grease drain. unless you have a cutter or large auger, a small cable only pokes a hole and it's not clean, only cleared.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Cleaning 1.5" copper k-sink drain from a roof vent. 5/16 innercore.

Comment

your vents are 1.5'', but isn't the waste line 2'' for the kitchen sink.

as long as the vent has normal/ non vent tight turn 90's, i can get my 5/8'' sectional cable all the way through with a 4 blade cutter. last week i did 5 k.s. 3 were done from the roof and 2 were from the cabinet. all were done with the k-50 and 5/8'' cable. the refrigerator magnet job was the worst of them as no cleanout and i had to run temporary water to wash away the sludge build up from 2 years.

5/16'' cables i reserve for a tub drain/ overflow plate.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                your vents are 1.5'', but isn't the waste line 2'' for the kitchen sink.

as long as the vent has normal/ non vent tight turn 90's, i can get my 5/8'' sectional cable all the way through with a 4 blade cutter. last week i did 5 k.s. 3 were done from the roof and 2 were from the cabinet. all were done with the k-50 and 5/8'' cable. the refrigerator magnet job was the worst of them as no cleanout and i had to run temporary water to wash away the sludge build up from 2 years.

5/16'' cables i reserve for a tub drain/ overflow plate.

rick.
                The whole line is 1.5 copper. and they used reg 90's at the base. Another example is a washing machine drain 1.5 copper with 1.5" cast brass traps and no vent that may be 30' long or longer.

So anyone know what machine ridgid has that will do 50' with 5/16th cable?

Comment

Rick lots of mobile homes use only 1 ½ " waste and vents and do have long runs. The k-40 can hold 50' of the small cable. I still prefer to use a Spartan 100 or K-3800 with 100' of 13/32 cable does a much better job than 5/16" Here most of our sink lines are 30 to 50' but you do run into the occasional 80' long run.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    Rick lots of mobile homes use only 1 ½ " waste and vents and do have long runs. The k-40 can hold 50' of the small cable. I still prefer to use a Spartan 100 or K-3800 with 100' of 13/32 cable does a much better job than 5/16" Here most of our sink lines are 30 to 50' but you do run into the occasional 80' long run.
                    Most mobile homes only have one atmospheric vent here. The have mechanical vents. But thats not the issue. The drains I'm speaking of are 1943-1950 houses built on peir foundations. Some have an all copper DWV system withing the walls of the foundation.

I was just curious if ridge had a machine that would hold 50' of 5/16. I guess not.

Comment

I was just curious if ridge had a machine that would hold 50' of 5/16. I guess not.
                      I guess you do not read my post very well. I said the K-40 can hold 50' of the 5/16 cable as well as the K-45 here is a link for you for the K-45 go down to Specifications and drum capacity. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K45-Drai...e/EN/index.htm
                      Last edited by SewerRatz; 05-07-2011, 11:00 AM.
                      Ron's Facebook

Comment

I guess you do not read my post very well. I said the K-40 can hold 50' of the 5/16 cable as well as the K-45 here is a link for you for the K-45 go down to Specifications and drum capacity. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K45-Drai...e/EN/index.htm
                        I dont know whats with the attitude but for your information you said "the K40 can hold 50' of the small cable" Thats what you said. And this is the 1st post you mention the K-45. Relax a bit.....

Comment

I dont know whats with the attitude but for your information you said "the K40 can hold 50' of the small cable" Thats what you said. And this is the 1st post you mention the K-45. Relax a bit.....
                          No attitude there TM, just pointed out in my first post it can hold 50 feet of the the small cable.(5/16 = small cable) the I figured I show you the k-45 can hold it as well. For some reason Ridgid page for the K-40 does not show drum capcity but if you scroll down to cables you will see they sell the C-21 5/16 x 50' for the K-40. So with all that said you must of ignored what I said inthe post about the k-40 able to hold 50' of the small cable, with your replay of " I was just curious if ridge had a machine that would hold 50' of 5/16. I guess not."
                          Ron's Facebook

Comment

No attitude there TM, just pointed out in my first post it can hold 50 feet of the the small cable.(5/16 = small cable) the I figured I show you the k-45 can hold it as well. For some reason Ridgid page for the K-40 does not show drum capcity but if you scroll down to cables you will see they sell the C-21 5/16 x 50' for the K-40. So with all that said you must of ignored what I said inthe post about the k-40 able to hold 50' of the small cable, with your replay of " I was just curious if ridge had a machine that would hold 50' of 5/16. I guess not."
                            Thanks for clarifying that 5/16 is your universal definition for small cable. Now I understand.

Comment

The K50 spinning 5/8 cable is my favorite machine for what I use it for.

I'm baffled by attaching drums to it? To each there own.

I guess the K50 is my favorite machine.

Comment

The K-50 has a drum attachment that can hold 50' of 5/16" cable.

I prefer the 5/8" sectional cable on kitchen sink lines though. I use the Rick Reverse auger for many and most of the K/S lines I deal with are about 10' of 1.5" or 2" galvanized with CI fittings. Short sweep on the 90's.

The K-3800 will also hold 50+ feet if 5/16" cable in the optional sink drum. The 3800 is the Ridge version of the Spartan 100 machine

I really like the K-50 with the drum adapters. I like having the clutch and the small drums stop quicker than my Spartan 100 would.

I have 4 drum adapters: 1-25'x1/4" cable (I take them out of the Ridgid hand spinner from HD), 1-50'x5/16"IC cable, 1-25'x5/16 with double drop head, 1-35'x3/8"IC

Between those drums and the 5/8" sectional (I have 100'+) I can pretty much handle any fixture drain and 90% of indoor (within the foundation walls) branches.

Comment

Working...
                                X