Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: liking my K-50 the more I use it

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that 5/16 is your universal definition for small cable. Now I understand.
    I sure hope you do not think 5/16" cable is large or even a medium sized cable.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Ok where did you get that smiley????
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Ok where did you get that smiley????

I stole it from another forum

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

Last edited by AssTyme; 05-07-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                I sure hope you do not think 5/16" cable is large or even a medium sized cable.
                I wouldn't be to hard on him...I think general does make a tough little 5/16 cable that has blades and drop heads, the whole nine yards. If I'm not mistaken. A guy could probably open some sinks with that if you wanted to work that hard.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I got a K50 February of last year, and have used it a bunch, it's just fine most of the time. I'm not a real big fan of the drums though, or ridgid 5/16 and 3/8 cable s I think theyre to soft. I like general 1/4" in my handivee.

Comment

tm

i run a k-38 with a general wire 50' x 5/16" cable using an arrow head starting drill. i bought it used can't wear it out. to cheap to buy any new improved anything. i shot a lot of ci and malleable. 50' is for mobs. cod. breid..................

Comment

Re: tm

WOW!

I just was trying to say I am pleased with what the K-50 has added for me. I used the 5/16 as it is all that would fit in overflow, and there was no vent directly over the bathroom, this triplex was originally single house, with a couple of questionable additions added to it, so no telling what was running where. so overflow was best access point.

I too prefer 5/8 cable, but drum adaptors give me some versitility in tighter lines.

didn't know I would stir up so much mud slinging............i guess I will keep to myself in the future.

Comment

The K-50 has been my favorite machine for 35-years now.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by RDW920 View Post
                          didn't know I would stir up so much mud slinging

Isn't it great

Comment

I'm new to the K50, more familiar with the Spartan 100,. but for now the K50 is the only sink machine I got (other than the 1/8" jetter hose). For the drum attachment, what cutter heads can you use with it? Or is it just the bulb?
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                              I'm new to the K50, more familiar with the Spartan 100,. but for now the K50 is the only sink machine I got (other than the 1/8" jetter hose). For the drum attachment, what cutter heads can you use with it? Or is it just the bulb?
                              They have a 5/16" bulb auger, a 5/16" drop head auger, a 3/8" bulb auger . and a 3/8" male adapter cable you can use your assortment of 5/8" heads with also. probably a 1/4" not sure though ..too small ..I always go for the innercore cables now ..I snapped off a 5/16" drop head using it with the 60..way too powerful.Plus the fact the cable was rusted and never pulled outta the drum.I pull em' out every time now and spray/oil them and straighten out any kinks I may see..I am still waiting on the drum for the 60

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                                Cleaning 1.5" copper k-sink drain from a roof vent. 5/16 innercore.
                                Again I would probably go with a 5/8" cable ..just me though

Comment

Working...
                                X