Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: liking my K-50 the more I use it

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Most mobile homes only have one atmospheric vent here. The have mechanical vents. But thats not the issue. The drains I'm speaking of are 1943-1950 houses built on peir foundations. Some have an all copper DWV system withing the walls of the foundation.

I was just curious if ridge had a machine that would hold 50' of 5/16. I guess not.
    I have drum adapter for the k50 that will hold 50'
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      The K50 spinning 5/8 cable is my favorite machine for what I use it for.

I'm baffled by attaching drums to it? To each there own.

I guess the K50 is my favorite machine.

Why not get all the use you can outta the 50..Trust me once you start fully utilizing the machine you will no longer be baffled..just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        The K-50 has a drum attachment that can hold 50' of 5/16" cable.

I prefer the 5/8" sectional cable on kitchen sink lines though. I use the Rick Reverse auger for many and most of the K/S lines I deal with are about 10' of 1.5" or 2" galvanized with CI fittings. Short sweep on the 90's.

The K-3800 will also hold 50+ feet if 5/16" cable in the optional sink drum. The 3800 is the Ridge version of the Spartan 100 machine

I really like the K-50 with the drum adapters. I like having the clutch and the small drums stop quicker than my Spartan 100 would.

I have 4 drum adapters: 1-25'x1/4" cable (I take them out of the Ridgid hand spinner from HD), 1-50'x5/16"IC cable, 1-25'x5/16 with double drop head, 1-35'x3/8"IC

Between those drums and the 5/8" sectional (I have 100'+) I can pretty much handle any fixture drain and 90% of indoor (within the foundation walls) branches.

That pretty well sums it up

Comment

Re: tm

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          They have a 5/16" bulb auger, a 5/16" drop head auger, a 3/8" bulb auger . and a 3/8" male adapter cable you can use your assortment of 5/8" heads with also. probably a 1/4" not sure though ..too small ..I always go for the innercore cables now ..I snapped off a 5/16" drop head using it with the 60..way too powerful.Plus the fact the cable was rusted and never pulled outta the drum.I pull em' out every time now and spray/oil them and straighten out any kinks I may see..I am still waiting on the drum for the 60

it's actually marketed overseas for use on the k-60.

here's a link to ridgid ireland.

http://www.ridgid.eu/tools/drainclea...nd&language=en

looks to be the same a-17 drum adapter with no special attachments. maybe brian / head of ridgid drain cleaning can explain why overseas and not here in the usa they also rate the k-60 for 6'' pipe with the c-10ic cable. yet out here try finding c-10ic cable.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            it's actually marketed overseas for use on the k-60.

here's a link to ridgid ireland.

http://www.ridgid.eu/tools/drainclea...nd&language=en

looks to be the same a-17 drum adapter with no special attachments. maybe brian / head of ridgid drain cleaning can explain why overseas and not here in the usa they also rate the k-60 for 6'' pipe with the c-10ic cable. yet out here try finding c-10ic cable.

rick.
            6" ..Sorry maybe for a soft stoppage ..The drums look like the same drums for the 50..Are they beefier for the 60 if not they need to be .....A
            drum that would hold 5/8" cables for the 60 would be my "dream machine"

Comment

Why a 5/8" drum attachment for the K60? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the sectional machine? Why not just get a Model N, which is a pretty much your "dream machine"?
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                Why a 5/8" drum attachment for the K60? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the sectional machine? Why not just get a Model N, which is a pretty much your "dream machine"?

He's not ready to jump ship just yet

Comment

I use the K-60 with the 5/16" drum attachment. It's a little bulky but it works. I have also kinked a cable or two using it that way. Best to use innercore cable because it'll flip on you in a split second. I use it with the standard A-17 drum. Needs a short guide hose on the front when running the small cable.

Comment

The model N does not not spin the cable nearly as fast as a K-50. The speed is the big selling point for the sectionals. Also the Model N does not stop on a dime like the K-50 does.

Close in principal, but you would have to run 5/8" sectional in something like the Spartan 2001 to get closer to a dream hybrid. The 2001 has a drum "brake" to stop the drum spinning faster.

It really sucks when you know that you've pulled your foot off of that switch about 1/2 second too late and you get to watch the rest of the spin in the drum tangle the cable.
                    Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-23-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Not at all ..A drum designed for a machine as powerful as the 60 could handle 5/8" cables ..no problem..I prefer to run as big a cable as I can to insure I do as thorough a job as I can for my customers..Alot of times I don't feel comfortable running puney as* cables when a bigger cable can be run even if it means more effort and time on my part
                      Some people don't care..Poke a hole ,run , and wait for the next call..I just feel a drum attachment that can handle 5/8" cable would do a lot better job most of the time but people are just too lazy to use em' and opt for the easy way out ...I do run the drums on the 60 as I no longer have a 50 but they could be more better...

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        He's not ready to jump ship just yet

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          as powerful as the 60

Ha Ha Ha Ha..... I about pizzed my pants !!!

lol !!!

Comment

Comment

Name:  3a278ff425a0a255243527ac41f8c72e.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  111.5 KBName:  bb59be328b25cec7f9989fc8fbabfece.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  109.3 KBSince I use 1.25" inner core cable with the right heads, we're not the type of company that pokes holes.
                              Will Rogers Plumbing
                              Moore, Oklahoma
                              (
                              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Name:  3a278ff425a0a255243527ac41f8c72e.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  111.5 KBName:  bb59be328b25cec7f9989fc8fbabfece.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  109.3 KBSince I use 1.25" inner core cable with the right heads, we're not the type of company that pokes holes.

Good deal..and nice retrieve by the way...You def. feel a sense of accomplishment with a job well done knowing you went above and beyond to insure you don't get a call back by a customer saying it's backing up again..

Comment

Working...
                                X